Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 02:38 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine sent this to me. I think it's pretty accurate. What do you all think?

Quote:
From what I have experienced, as a guy:

-If you are a 10, obviously you know it. You'll be approached to be a model and actor and stuff. Ashton Kutcher and Brad Pitt, etc.

-If you are very good looking (8-9), then many, many women will have hit on you and asked you out. 'Attractive' women would have made discreet and indiscreet sexual advances on you. 'Attractive' women will have approached you and made aggressive moves to try and get you. Both attractive and unattractive women and gay dudes will make strong moves on you. You don't really have to try to get women, but you might if you want something better.

-Just good looking (6-8), you get much less attention. Some women have hit on you. A decent amount, but only when you add it up over time. You'll probably have had a few below average women and even a couple of average women be totally in love with you. There's the greatest variation in this camp. At the bottom of this range, guys have to start putting in 'some work'.

-Average (5-6) - A few women have hit on you. Not many. Some guys here complain that they only get compliments from very unattractive women. They probably fall into this camp. You definitely have to put in work at this point.

-Below average (4 or below) - Very few to no women have given you any attention or complimented you, no matter how unattractive. Older women and your relatives may compliment you, but not much outside of that. You're going to have to put in some serious work and for the most part deal with a lot of rejection at this point.

Observing my friends, this stays pretty consistent. I would add that it helps to be around late 20s or so to see how you really stack up. Some younger guys have not had enough life experience to be able to tell what range they fall into.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:46 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
I don't put myself on a scale. I don't have a numeric value at which I rate my attractiveness. I've never had a problem meeting women. I've been married almost 9 years now, and I am seldom hit on by women, though it still happens once in a while.

My wife seems to be attracted to me. She says I am just south of "rugged" with just enough refinement to be at home out in the woods hunting or at a white collar party alike.

Thus I give my looks a qualitative description not quantitative.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
I think it's irrelevant. I dislike scales, there is no point in it, and takes away individuality.

Brad Pitt and Ashton Kutcher are not all that to me at all. Attraction differs from person to person.

Some people are just not that into you.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
To every lady a man is different in her eyes.While one thinks he is gorgeous or handsome the other is not attracted to him in particular but to the next lady he is scrumptious.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:54 PM

783 posts, read 849,944 times
I think the description for each range is fairly accurate.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:55 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
I disagree with the posts here. Attractiveness is objective.

Another good point that my friend made is that you can pretty much gauge your level of attractiveness (as a male) by how well you do with online dating, which is likely the truth since it's completely based on looks (whereas, offline, other things may play into attraction a bit such as personality, character, and intelligence).

Old 11-02-2014, 02:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I'm curious - what does it matter?

Old 11-02-2014, 02:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I disagree with the posts here. Attractiveness is objective.

Another good point that my friend made is that you can pretty much gauge your level of attractiveness (as a male) by how well you do with online dating, which is likely the truth since it's completely based on looks (whereas, offline, other things may play into attraction a bit such as personality, character, and intelligence).
Nah you can be hot online but a jerk.It usually comes out.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:59 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Naw. I rate men on a scale of 1 to 124. There are just to many things to judge on.

Then I convert them into pie charts... lay them all side by side.... and make my choice.

A scale of 1-10 is for amateurs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-02-2014, 02:59 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
I'd say I'm a 4-5 on that scale. I do get rare compliments, just from women I ain't interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships