Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 04:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,330,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Only approach other 5s, try less, and, possibly, go overseas for a wife.
How do you know when someone is a 5? Maybe you think she's a 5 but other guys think she's an 8. Then she would be out of your league. And these 5's that you are approaching - don't you think the would rather be approached by guys that think they are a 10 and not a 5? And how would going overseas help you? Do they have a different numbering scale over there?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,614,992 times
Quote:
Only approach other 5s, try less, and, possibly, go overseas for a wife.

When I tell Mr. CSD about your theory of rating, dating and how to get a wife he is just going to shake his head and ask me if the young ones will ever learn.

Original Poster: Whatever you believe is the truth must be the absolute truth just because you believe it so if that is what you need to get you through life carry on without asking those who know different what they think because you are doing nothing but wasting their time.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:16 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,310,839 times
I'll say FK off to this attractiveness scale stuff. As it is, I'm already feeling so low and stupid about myself, then why push me into a deeper abyss. I'm a broke failure, and unfit for any woman regardless of my looks.

Lets put it this way, even if I looked drop dead gorgeous, my weak personality AND vulnerability as a family provider will get me nowhere.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:17 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,228,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
How do you know when someone is a 5? Maybe you think she's a 5 but other guys think she's an 8. Then she would be out of your league. And these 5's that you are approaching - don't you think the would rather be approached by guys that think they are a 10 and not a 5? And how would going overseas help you? Do they have a different numbering scale over there?
I can tell who is average and who is above average. It's not very difficult to figure out.

Overseas (specifically in third world countries), they have less of a standard as far as looks go. They also value different things. In countries where the average height is shorter, they don't care about height as much. Other countries favor white skin. I've even been to a country once where women stopped me on the street and commented on how good my nose looked.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I can tell who is average and who is above average. It's not very difficult to figure out.

Overseas (specifically in third world countries), they have less of a standard as far as looks go. They also value different things. In countries where the average height is shorter, they don't care about height as much. Other countries favor white skin. I've even been to a country once where women stopped me on the street and commented on how good my nose looked.
So, you mean in countries where they are desperate for things like food and clothing - they find you more attractive?

Look, if you want to decide what "number" you are and then adjust your entire life to fit what you have decided upon - nobody is going to try to stop you. We just think it's really, really, really stupid.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, you mean in countries where they are desperate for things like food and clothing - they find you more attractive?
Yes. Go figure, right?

Quote:
Look, if you want to decide what "number" you are and then adjust your entire life to fit what you have decided upon - nobody is going to try to stop you. We just think it's really, really, really stupid.
I'm not "deciding". It's the number that has been given to me. It is out of my hands.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:

I'm not "deciding". It's the number that has been given to me. It is out of my hands.
Bwahahahahahaha! I'm not going to try to change your mind. But I think that is really, really, really stupid.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,288,151 times
Quote:
Yes. Go figure, right?

By whom? Your idiot friend who cut-and-pasted a post from Loveshack and sent it to you? (Yeah, hi, Google the first line of what you quoted.)

Look, I don't doubt there are leagues. To a certain extent, water finds and seeks its own level, and there have been a bazillion experiments that show that symmetry and the Golden Ratio count in determining beauty regardless of culture or country.

BUT, as has been pointed out several times on this thread, plenty of average and below average-looking people find love.

I think it's when people get hung up on finding the trophy hot partner that the trouble starts. Plenty of guys right here on this very board who say things like they would divorce a woman for putting on 25 pounds, and there is a lot of blather about how women's beauty expires at age 30. I'll be honest: I wonder how many of those guys are fug.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:36 PM

52,643 posts, read 53,224,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I do like the Howie Long types. But the long-haired guys are my muses. Chris Simon circa 1998 is my main muse (I linked to him upthread). Dirtiest player ever in the NHL, but man, was he hot, and a sweetheart to the fans off the ice. Back in the MySpace days I belonged to a group called Long-Haired Men (and the Ladies Who Love Them!). My friends list on there was filled with guys with long hair. I also miss Peter Steele something fierce. And yeah, the entire cast of Interview with the Vampire can have their way with me. That scene with Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas, where they come close to kissing?

I have an old-school Goth streak, so anyone who can get a good vampire look going is all right in my book. Those guys just didn't dig me, though. I used to go to this club in D.C. way back when, Asylum in Exile, wall-to-wall guys with long dark hair. Not one ever approached me, although a few asked me if I was a cop.

There's another fellow on here, posts sometimes about online dating, from New Mexico or Arizona, I believe, who has long hair. Good-looking guy, and I think the women in his area are stoopit for passing him up.

It's the dirty hippie/hipster/man-bun thing I don't like. So messy!
LOL... I'm an old school from way back metal head... I dig all music, but the metal is where it's at for me... LOL... I throw on the Slayer T and with the goatee and hair......I'm probably getting too old at 45 to be sportin the thrash metal head look... but **** it..... I ain't out to win any fashion awards....

Old 11-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
By whom? Your idiot friend who cut-and-pasted a post from Loveshack and sent it to you? (Yeah, hi, Google the first line of what you quoted.)

Look, I don't doubt there are leagues. To a certain extent, water finds and seeks its own level, and there have been a bazillion experiments that show that symmetry and the Golden Ratio count in determining beauty regardless of culture or country.

BUT, as has been pointed out several times on this thread, plenty of average and below average-looking people find love.

I think it's when people get hung up on finding the trophy hot partner that the trouble starts. Plenty of guys right here on this very board who say things like they would divorce a woman for putting on 25 pounds, and there is a lot of blather about how women's beauty expires at age 30. I'll be honest: I wonder how many of those guys are fug.
My particular issues aren't as frowned upon in other cultures.

And I agree that below average people find love and that there are leagues, which is why I think it's a good idea to identify your number and stick to your own league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.