Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 05:46 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,270,192 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the doc may be thinking of how to help out. I'm surprised that the OM didn't know what was going on with you. Maybe it will give her some perspective on your reality and she will be a little more understanding, get others to actually help you out..... okay, maybe not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,692,346 times
Robyn try not to be the subject of the office gossip/drama. Give your co-workers (except Carol) very brief answers about your personal life. "Everything is moving along smoothly." Change the subject.

The OM and AOM don't create an environment for team work. Their version of "team work" is, do your job and everyone else's. Oh, and don't expect the team to do your work if you're out of the office.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,081,125 times
I agree with zonababe, the aom and om are just the type to bring up at some point, that your personal life is getting in the way of office productivity. It's not true, and I wouldn't get involved in personal conversation with them at all ~ not their concern..."Everything is moving along smoothly." I like that saying!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:29 PM

283 posts, read 524,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Robyn try not to be the subject of the office gossip/drama. Give your co-workers (except Carol) very brief answers about your personal life. "Everything is moving along smoothly." Change the subject.

The OM and AOM don't create an environment for team work. Their version of "team work" is, do your job and everyone else's. Oh, and don't expect the team to do your work if you're out of the office.
Sounds like you've been in our office before lol

Old 01-17-2008, 04:35 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,469,873 times
Yes it does... lol!!!! OH SU-NAP!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 PM

Default Why am I nice?

Well, I guess I just am. the man called me yesterday and chewed me out (jerk) and then calls me tonight as I am walking out the door from work.

I thought to myself, I just won't answer it, then I thought, well, what if something is going on with the kids and he knows about it and is calling to tell me...

ugh.

So, I answered it. He sounded hmm. Now, I don't want to say he sounded sorry, because he did not apologize. More like he was taking it carefully...

Can I call the kids late because some one has been on the land line here for a long time.

He can't spare a few minutes on his cell... whatever.

I told him to keep trying and if he had not reached them , they could call from my cell.

Why? Why did I tell him that? For the life of me, I do not know., I am supposing, for the kids.

The other day when I needed to talk to him about the kids after court, he pushed past me, making my body go sideways on me, and stormed off.

Yesterday he calls me on my way home from work and goes off on me.

Today he wanted to talk to the kids.

Why couldn't I just say... call them from your cell... you only talk 2 mins a piece, it wont break the bank. No. I couldn't say that. I am not like that.

Why? I guess I am better than that, I don't know.

I don't care really, what he says or feels, but I cannot bring myself to be rude, or mean.

Can't do it. Im guess this is a good thing, for the kids. I don't know.

Well, today was a really good day at work. I just stayed happy, and didn't let 'things' bother me.

I smiled, I laughed, I was happy.

I also had a second HUGE cup of coffee.. from 7-11!!!! woohoo!!!! Now that was some good stuff... I am thinking almost as good as Starbucks...

Yep... always good to have a buncha coffee... heehee

Snowed here this morning, great big flakes, rain coming not long after. Cold rain. cfc <<<---------Mollie kittie was typing

Oh well... not much else going on here..... trying to round up the natives for their showers...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,858,367 times
Hey, that 7-11 coffee is alot cheaper than starbucks too!!

I think you should just not take his calls, Robyn.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Hey, that 7-11 coffee is alot cheaper than starbucks too!!

I think you should just not take his calls, Robyn.
I agree. I am gonna try that.... He normally calls for the kids before I get home, unless it is earlier than usual for some reason.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:30 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,270,192 times
Robyn-

I don't think you are being nice by suggesting he call the kids on your cell phone. I think you are sending mixed messages. He can use a payphone if it is important enough for him to call his children. He certainly doesn't seem concerned about his minutes when he calls you at work throughout the day. He is just easing in again and I think you fell for it. He is just looking for another excuse to communicate with you and I think you fell for it.

You know that I don't post this to be mean, but it's that boundary-thang again. Take yourself out of that loop. (IMHO, of course!)

Old 01-17-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Robyn-

I don't think you are being nice by suggesting he call the kids on your cell phone. I think you are sending mixed messages. He can use a payphone if it is important enough for him to call his children. He certainly doesn't seem concerned about his minutes when he calls you at work throughout the day. He is just easing in again and I think you fell for it. He is just looking for another excuse to communicate with you and I think you fell for it.

You know that I don't post this to be mean, but it's that boundary-thang again. Take yourself out of that loop. (IMHO, of course!)
LOL HIF! No... not easing himself in.....

Well, maybe he is, I don't know. (trying to)

I don't think he wan't to communicate with me, truth be told... like I said.. it was like he was treading carefully on the phone tonight... he knew he went off on me yesterday... he was waiting for the click today. Wasn't sorry... just treading lightly.

Why he can't use his minutes, I have no idea. I guess he thinks he is in the poor house...

I know you don't post that to be mean...

He knows he is not allowed in my life. I don't know what this is having to do with.... I will just stick w the plan of not answering the phone when it is his number.

No mixed messages...

Oh well.... done talking about him for tonight....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships