Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,840,324 times

Advertisements

Is tramp-stamp a real word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,736,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorienlight View Post
I can't stand when people say "nice girls don't get tattoos." How dare you judge someone this way? It took me 29 years to get a tattoo and when I did it was for very personal reasons. My boss accidentally saw it and said "I didn't think you were the type of person who would have a tattoo." Most people see me as really quiet and shy. I am not a skank at all. But just because I have a tattoo on a corner of my lower back some people would label me as a degenerate and trashy? I agree with others when they say that these are the types of people I would not want to socialize with or date anyway.
That's just an ignorant thing people say. Most of the time they'll never see yours, so just ignore the general statements. It's fun when people talk to your face about "that type of woman," because you can put them on the spot.

Enjoy your tat. You can't please everybody.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,835,638 times
boys and girls, i may be getting inked soon!!!

LOVE the idea. If a guy wont date me because of that, not particularly bothered! I think they're sexy, esp when they're a surprise

Old 01-15-2011, 08:55 PM

627 posts, read 1,296,940 times
I say I would not but ultimately love has the last word

Old 02-06-2011, 10:17 PM

5 posts, read 6,233 times
being rich and educated or both does not mean you have class. having class or taste has nothing to do with money. scrawling grafitti or "art" onto your skin that will ultimately turn into a disgusting discolored green stain illustrates a clear lack of taste, judgement, and lack of respect for your own humanity. do you not appreciate the beauty of your own flesh? tattoos are crude and dirty and is the very antithesis of class. they are not elegant no matter how nice the artwork is. what kind of idiot draws permanent ink into their skin, just the idea of going ahead and doing something so pointless is mind boggling. tattoos are just not necessary. just like doing drugs is not necessary. so therefore why do it at all.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,215,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'd be happy to turn down a guy who wouldn't date a girl with tattoos. While I don't have any (yet), the type of guy who would not date someone just because of how they look is not the type of presence I would like to have in my life in any capacity.

Thankfully I usually go for men with lots of tattoos who are attracted to women with tattoos.

Also thankfully, they are used to being called names and branded, so they understand and aren't judgmental.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 PM

50 posts, read 75,859 times
I have dated a girl in the past with tattoo's, most of them tasteful.
There is a fine line between tasteful and out right trashy though.

I would never get a tattoo personally, for many reasons.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:20 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,835,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit123 View Post
being rich and educated or both does not mean you have class. having class or taste has nothing to do with money. scrawling grafitti or "art" onto your skin that will ultimately turn into a disgusting discolored green stain illustrates a clear lack of taste, judgement, and lack of respect for your own humanity. do you not appreciate the beauty of your own flesh? tattoos are crude and dirty and is the very antithesis of class. they are not elegant no matter how nice the artwork is. what kind of idiot draws permanent ink into their skin, just the idea of going ahead and doing something so pointless is mind boggling. tattoos are just not necessary. just like doing drugs is not necessary. so therefore why do it at all.
i saw a faded tattoo once

i really dont like you right now. thanks a lot for ruining my dream. but actually, thanks.

Last edited by sydney1987; 02-06-2011 at 11:29 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,073 times
I don't think disliking tattoos is as really an aesthetic thing, but more a question of personal values. Everyone is different, so it's ok if we think differently from each other. There is no right or wrong answer. I personally despise tattoos and think they make people look trashy. But I am entitled to that opinion and that does not make me shallow, just as my opinion doesn't actually make a tattooed person trashy. My girlfriend has two non-visible tattoos that I despise, but I live with it because I love her. But even after two years, I find it unlikely that I would marry her because of the example she would set for my children. So be less hesitant to draw conclusions about people based on their physical appearance, but you are certainly allowed to feel no shame in not being attracted to girls with tattoos.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
40% of young people have tattoos. i just shopped at trader joe's they gota hire the tattooed policy.
let me put it to u this way, this means i am not guna be dating any young women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships