Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
Why is it that the men here are constantly chided for not having their s*it together and told that they need to get their heads straight before moving forward?

And yet, this woman who has been so honest as to admit that she has MANY problems, and has gone so far as to say she's unstable is being told to dive right in?

The double standard that gets peddled on this board is atrocious.
I didn't say dive in?

If I was a dude I'd run for the hills!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 12:13 AM

49 posts, read 152,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
E is second language but can use "douches" in a sentence. Bravo!
and your point is?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie71275 View Post
The fact that he knows your medical history tells me he and you have some sort of professional relationship? Is he a counselor, psychiatrist, doc, nurse of some sort? I don't see any other reason for someone to have access to that sort of information. Personally, no, I do not believe you should tell him any of this. If he is, as I suspect, in a professional relationship with you, it needs to stay professional. As a nurse, patients can sometimes romanticize the professional relationship and make it more than it is. Clear boundaries should be drawn.

Your history with OD, suicide attempts? You need to stabilize yourself before you think about any other person. Sorry if this sounds harsh or is off base, but I am basing my information on what you posted.
Thank you Katie. You seem to be one of the few who actually reads! Yes, it is a professional relationship.
Nothing to do with the healthcare practitioners I'm under their care. The medical documents were only shared under my consent.

I have stated in my thread that I'm aware that he is being nice to me as a part of his job, nothing more.

Ironically, I'm a healthcare provider myself : ) ...but I feel the case here is somehow different

No, you're not being harsh.. I did mention that I understand the fact that my current situation is not the best.

With that being said, I'm not some delusional, psychotic ***** from hell!
I've been to rehab, was and still in therapy, and doing what I can do. I have friends and my relationship with people around me is fine. No-one knows about my "history", except those I chose to let them know.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Why is it that the men here are constantly chided for not having their s*it together and told that they need to get their heads straight before moving forward?

And yet, this woman who has been so honest as to admit that she has MANY problems, and has gone so far as to say she's unstable is being told to dive right in?

I understand that you're being frustrated with the forum members?
.. At the end, no-one can dictate what others can or can't do. Especially from behind the screens!
So, chill out : )

Old 12-28-2013, 01:10 AM

442 posts, read 589,654 times
If you do get somewhere with him and bond, know whatever happens with you will likely repeat itself with another person.

That's the reason I'd let it be...

Still hoping it works out for you somehow but not with this one. Blessings to you

Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,299,413 times
just flirt with him, smile more, if he feels the same about you, he will let you know..

although, if he has a totally different culture, some cultures dont include dating- so he may be crushing on you too,

be flirty, talk to him.... you cant buy chemistry, so if you two have it,,,see where it goes

Old 12-28-2013, 09:07 AM

348 posts, read 550,578 times
Quote:

The difference is a guy will go out with a crazy girl if he thinks she's hot.

But you are right about the double standard. I don't know if it's a recent thing, but men can be bashed relentlessly while women can do no wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil kitty View Post

Recently, I started to develop feelings for a person I have a business with. He is intelligent, with quite impressive qualifications, yet he is still young. He is very caring, more than anyone I've dealt with in that field. Needless to say that he's very good looking.

I'm on the other hand, have a messed up life. While I'm well educated and (was) doing well in my life, I have been struggling with many issues, anxiety, depression, self-harm, addiction, anger issues.. etc. My medical history contains suicide attempts, psychiatric hospitals, hospital admissions, OD's .. You name it.
Dating someone you work with is something to proceed with caution, but I wouldn't avoid it. I've dated a few coworkers, and sometimes it can end bad, I've also had solid relationships. Many people I know have ended up marrying someone they worked with.

That you have had a messed up life shouldn't matter. It's about where you are now. Even if you are in therapy, I don't think that's abnormal. If you still have serious emotional issues, that's another story, you probably would want to work on those before jumping into a relationship.

But it sounds like you have a crush on this guy because he appears to be a solution to your problems. I say this because I have a good friend who needs to get his **** together and is infatuated with a girl who has the stability that he needs in that she has a very calm demeanor, and is very attractive yet is required to talk to him (she's a waitress at the bar he frequents).

I'm not saying this guy does or doesn't like you, but I do believe one needs to approach these things with the right frame of mind. People can sense desperation. It repels women for sure, whereas a guy may sleep with you once or twice, it eventually repels them as well.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:42 PM

308 posts, read 399,060 times
Quote:
You can say that I'm a client of his.
If he's got any interest in keeping his business/job, he won't want any romantic entanglements. Wait until you no longer have a professional relationship, then see if your crush is still there. If so, it might be a possibility.

That said, I would be extremely wary of having any non-professional relationship with people who have had access to my medical history. They just know too much

Old 12-30-2013, 11:48 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil kitty View Post
and your point is?
Just playn. It's not a common word for someone to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships