Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggirll View Post
that's a gift a woman would like, not a man IMO.
Ah, if a man made me a calendar I would question his sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 10:10 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm not sure because you've been pussyfooting around it, are you trying to say for you a calendar would not be a good gift idea?

Speaking personally what gifts she may give me will always be viewed not as what they are but what they represent. Do I matter enough to try, to care about, to take a chance on? Yes, no, maybe? In truth any "thing" I wanted I long ago bought myself, the only real gift she can give me is an expression of love. The thing it comes in isn't really important. I know that this is probably something you ladies wont like but there it is...

As to the calendar, maybe not a good idea particularly under the circumstances the OP describes.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I'm not sure because you've been pussyfooting around it, are you trying to say for you a calendar would not be a good gift idea?

Speaking personally what gifts she may give me will always be viewed not as what they are but what they represent. Do I matter enough to try, to care about, to take a chance on? Yes, no, maybe? In truth any "thing" I wanted I long ago bought myself, the only real gift she can give me is an expression of love. The thing it comes in isn't really important. I know that this is probably something you ladies wont like but there it is...

As to the calendar, maybe not a good idea particularly under the circumstances the OP describes.
That was so sappy I feel like I'm in a Hallmark movie. Lol love ya Crabbie!

Old 12-23-2013, 07:36 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,598 times
lol I can see how you would think that but that wasn't really my intent. Like most people my age I have the oft mentioned everything. No one can get me something I need or want because I already have it. What she can do is get me something that says, I thought about this, you matter, I care enough to try. When a woman gets me a gift this is what I see... Or not.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfalla88 View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking to add another gift to the gifts for my boyfriend- A selfmade calendar with pictures of us.

Details: I will buy a calendar (January, February etc.) which has empty spaces on every page to put pictures and stuff. I'm planning to put one picture of us together for every month.

My boyfriend is 30 and I'm 26. We've been together for 1.5 years. I'm not sure about it those... guys, would you like a gift like that? Or is it a bit too cheesy?

Would love to hear what you think. Thx!!
Get your photos you want for each month and then email them to Kodak on line and they will send you back a finished calendar. There are programs that allow you to do a calendar yourself.

For my mom's birthday one year I sent Kodak this tiny little black and white picture of my mom and her brother walking away from a real old car. It's my favorite picture of her, she looks like a little version of Marilyn Monroe in the photo she was little and had white blonde hair. Kodak sent me in a mail tube a poster size of it and it only cost $20 to do.

I'm working on a calendar for my sister in law. She and my brother lost their first born at 20 and she cannot find it to put up photos of either of them in the house they just moved to. So, I went on a mission and also contacted people who lived by beaches to take photos that represent the boys but didn't show their faces. We used names in the sand and I found a sandman snowman and rocks that spelled out I love you. I want to get it done by mother's day. We are using the beach photos because of a poem I wrote and read at the funeral and said, "I will see you, my friend, where the sky meets the sea and I will never forget your short, but eventful journey.' She found a black and white photo someone gave her and she gave it to me and it's of James standing on the beach water behind him and you could see in the distance behind him 'where the sky meets the sea." It was and looks like he's falling away in a tube travel. But just the vibe I got off that photo got me teared up The sun was overcast this time of year and it looked like someone was just fading away to where the sky meets the sea I wanted to put on his headstone "S'cuze me while I kiss the sky!!!! by Hendrix, but I slipped a Jimi guitar pick into his coffin in his pocket I think everyone putting something in the casket consoling = T

I love the idea. It's personal and special.

Last edited by Thursday007; 12-23-2013 at 10:36 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 10:23 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Get him some steaks
great dinner... not really a great present imo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
LOL... rep!

I'd think it's sweet with the calendar, but for xmas I might want something to accompany it if it was me... here is a suggested complement- present (including you in it)

https://www.google.se/search?q=naugh...w=1920&bih=954

have fun

Old 12-23-2013, 10:28 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
My mom gets one every year from my brother and SIL with pics of my little niece and nephews on it - I think they go through shutterfly or similar.

If you have the type of boyfriend who gladly displays framed pictures of himself and his GF at work, etc. go for it. If you are dating a guy who is "embarrassed" by pictures of himself and his GF, skip it. It's a good gift for a guy who appreciates sentimentality (my fiance typically gives his mom framed photos of us every year for Christmas, and he'd love something like that), but for guys who think sentimentality is "stupid," it'd be a waste of time, money, and effort (kind of like dating said type of guy, actually).

Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 AM

10 posts, read 46,549 times
I have done this in the past (years ago). He loved it. Used the calendar for the whole year.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsb View Post
I have done this in the past (years ago). He loved it. Used the calendar for the whole year.
At the end of the year you can frame just the photos and distribute them to the people working and -come of show the love. I went to a store to get the clear glue she needed and was gasically free.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:40 PM

Here's the little photo of my mom and her brother I absolutely love and Kodak turned it into a poster for $20

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships