Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:34 PM

13 posts, read 10,410 times

Advertisements

I'm a 19 year-old freshman in college and have been dating my gf for about 2 months now and I have a feeling she's going to find out I've lied about certain things about myself such as telling her I was a former athlete in my HS, made up both imaginary names and even lies about my crushes. I even presented her a fake childhood picture of me. I was concerned I guess. If she saw my real picture, she would probably be shocked that was me (I was kind of ugly back then).

Though sometimes I'm good at elaborating things that never happened, I feel like I totally screwed up. I really like this girl and I guess I tried to overdo it by pretending to be someone I'm not and never was. I really have nothing to tell about my school years other than just being the invisible guy for too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 01:36 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times
Yes. The longer you date her, and perpetuate your lies, your nose will start to grow. She will notice it!

Old 12-17-2013, 01:43 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Who cares. At 19 and college freshman you aren't going to marry her anyway.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Yes. The longer you date her, and perpetuate your lies, your nose will start to grow. She will notice it!
I know and it's getting harder. But I'm worried that she might think differently about me if I told her something like:
''I really lied about those things about me. I was invisible in HS, a nobody, it hasn't been too long since my last growth spurt (I barely made it to 6'0 1/2) and my acne problem. I wasn't good looking as a kid nor teen and had to wait till I was almost 18 to see myself developing. I was never an athlete. I wish I were. I never took my HS crushes anyway, they remained as my crushes I would dream about. I'm sorry I lied but just wanted you to like me. I like you a lot.''

Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Depends on the lie...

Old 12-17-2013, 01:46 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,606,291 times
two months? 19? don't even worry about it.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Who cares. At 19 and college freshman you aren't going to marry her anyway.
Actually she does seems like the type of girl to introduce to your family and would classify her as possible wife material: smart, likes hanging out with friends and family, doesn't party like crazy and likes reading books.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Depends on the lie...
Overall, I made her believe I was a former outgoing popular kid in HS that many know and I'm not even close to that. I'm a late bloomer.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:52 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Dude, if you wanna stay with her, tell her the truth. Those are kind of silly lies.

But why would you even lie about that kind of stuff? It's pointless. Nobody cares what you used to look like or who your crushes were or whether you played sports in high school.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collock View Post
Actually she does seems like the type of girl to introduce to your family and would classify her as possible wife material: smart, likes hanging out with friends and family, doesn't party like crazy and likes reading books.
You're showing your age when you say she's "wife material" (not a very romantic way to put it) after dating her for two months.

Smart: lots of people are smart.
Likes hanging out with friends and family: Is this supposed to be a rare trait?
Doesn't party like crazy: ....Yet.
Likes reading books: Again, not rare.

I don't see how your gf would care about what you were like in high school. College is a totally different ball game. I also don't get the growth spurt complaint. Short guys in this forum will tear you apart for complaining that you got to 6 feet and a half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships