Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:54 PM

13 posts, read 10,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Dude, if you wanna stay with her, tell her the truth. Those are kind of silly lies.

But why would you even lie about that kind of stuff? It's pointless. Nobody cares what you used to look like or who your crushes were or whether you played sports in high school.
I thought girls like that. In my HS some girls would go crazy over those popular guys. I was still developing back then but at least they had a girl to talk to. None would talk to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 01:55 PM

2,826 posts, read 4,023,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collock View Post
Actually she does seems like the type of girl to introduce to your family and would classify her as possible wife material: smart, likes hanging out with friends and family, doesn't party like crazy and likes reading books.
Girls like that usually go off the deep end in their mid-late 20s. This is why college nuptuals fail around that time.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
You're showing your age when you say she's "wife material" (not a very romantic way to put it) after dating her for two months.

Smart: lots of people are smart.
Likes hanging out with friends and family: Is this supposed to be a rare trait?
Doesn't party like crazy: ....Yet.
Likes reading books: Again, not rare.

I don't see how your gf would care about what you were like in high school. College is a totally different ball game. I also don't get the growth spurt complaint. Short guys in this forum will tear you apart for complaining that you got to 6 feet and a half.
I know maybe it's too early to say she's wife material but try to understand that at this point, this is exciting to me, improving in looks and heights, no longer have moderate acne (well I actually had to go to a doctor for facial treatment) and finally got a sweet girl. This had been a process to me and it wasn't too easy to get to there. For sure, she wouldn't have dated me had she known my skinny, short 5'3/5'4 frame when I was 14-16, insecure and acne ridden self.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:04 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,550,542 times
Quote:
Actually she does seems like the type of girl to introduce to your family and would classify her as possible wife material: smart, likes hanging out with friends and family, doesn't party like crazy and likes reading books.
Too bad you lied to her then.

She'll probably think you're an *sshole for making her think you're someone you aren't. Imagine if she were to introduce YOU to HER family: "Collock was student body president and the QB in high school!" Then you have to keep lying to them too.

Look, stop lying. Then you won't have to spend all your time and energy wondering what you've said and what you haven't.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:05 PM

14,373 posts, read 18,539,418 times
Quote:
I thought girls like that. In my HS some girls would go crazy over those popular guys. I was still developing back then but at least they had a girl to talk to. None would talk to me.
College is a chance to redefine yourself going forward, not rewrite your past. Look ahead to where you're going and don't worry about your high school years. Those popular guys were the minority and the rest of your peers were probably as traumatized as you were. Nobody cares about high school, and you're just gonna trip yourself up (well, I guess you already did) if you keep harking back to it.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM

11,878 posts, read 12,189,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Yes. The longer you date her, and perpetuate your lies, your nose will start to grow. She will notice it!
And it'll become more obvious when you start tripping over your own lies and forget what you told her, thus digging the hole even further...and all over lying about silly things that don't matter.

And if at 19 you think you looked dorky when you were young, wait til you're 30 and see how dorky you looked as a teenager!

Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,645,592 times
Quote:
For sure, she wouldn't have dated me had she known my skinny, short 5'3/5'4 frame when I was 14-16, insecure and acne ridden self.
Then good thing you didn't meet her when you were 14-16.

You're 19 now, high school is over and college is a chance for a fresh start. Stop thinking about the past.

11,878 posts, read 12,189,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
College is a chance to redefine yourself going forward, not rewrite your past. Look ahead to where you're going and don't worry about your high school years. Those popular guys were the minority and the rest of your peers were probably as traumatized as you were. Nobody cares about high school, and you're just gonna trip yourself up (well, I guess you already did) if you keep harking back to it.

887 posts, read 1,106,686 times
You are 19 years old. Trust me, tell her the truth. Now! Even if she breaks up with you, you will have created a platform to build on, of just being honest in all of your relationships, from here on out. I guarantee the confidence you will gain from that one act will serve you in spades!!

Old 12-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Yes, I should tell her the truth. Do I tell her that I've never gone out on a date before? That's the truth. I'm starting from zero with her. For sure it's going to pretty soon start escalating to more than just making out the more time I invest with her. I know this and wouldn't be able to keep up with the lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships