Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:07 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I simply prefer to "look up" to my guy. I want a guy that is bigger and stronger than I am. Pretty simple, and I think that's pretty much biological/evolutional. I don't know why anyone would not know this. You know you can google this right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

I like to look up to a man (Having his eyes at my breasts.... ewwww). I like that he is bigger and stronger.
Do women correlate strength with height?

Old 12-12-2013, 03:19 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Yes... it is a direct correlation! But not as you chose to put it.
A guy that is taller than I am WILL be bigger and stronger than I am.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Yes... it is a direct correlation! But not as you chose to put it.
A guy that is taller than I am WILL be bigger and stronger than I am.
Will a man of tall staure (6 feet) be bigger and stronger than a man of medium stature (5'10) and will that man be bigger and stronger with a man of short stature (5'7)?

Will muscle mass or general grittiness of character have any impact in your mind? Or its goes straight by height?

Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
There you go twisting it yet again... I said nothing of the sort!

I said: A guy that is taller than I am WILL be bigger and stronger than I am.
Period.

You are putting WAY too much of your personal insecurities into my simple statement.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Period.

You are putting WAY too much of your personal insecurities into my simple statement.
If a guy who is taller than you will big bigger and stronger than you won't a guy who is taller than a guy be bigger and stronger than him too?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:06 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Do women correlate strength with height?
No. Not directly.
You are making an assumption if you think that.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:08 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:

Period.

No kidding. Good GRIEF are these people insecure!!!

Old 12-12-2013, 04:20 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
I'm curious as to what the actual scientific community think about it. Is there really literature from the sometimes dubious world of evo-psych that supports the idea of height being an inherently attractive trait to females?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:46 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I'm curious as to what the actual scientific community think about it. Is there really literature from the sometimes dubious world of evo-psych that supports the idea of height being an inherently attractive trait to females?
There have been studies done illustrating Western womens' clear preference for height:

Women want taller men more than men want shorter women
Study: Women like a large penis, the more ample, the more appealing - UPI.com
Evolutionary Battle of the Sexes Drives Human Height | LiveScience
Short Men in NYC Don
BBC NEWS | Health | Tall men 'top husband stakes'

Quote:
Just why people feel so strongly is not clear. Dr Viren Swami, a social psychologist at the University of Westminster, says: "There are two main theories. The biological theory is that taller men may have higher status or reproductive success. The second social theory is that it reflects a cultural idea, where tall men are viewed as masculine and tall women violate cultural norms."
So those are the theories.

Regardless, I am not a tall woman and the average height for men in the US is already 4-5 inches taller than me anyway and you can tack on about additional 1-2 inches for German men. It isn't like I have to go way out of my way to even try to find a taller man or it is a really ridiculous exception that the man be taller. The vast majority of men simply are so.

I wouldn't completely write off shorter men. I have given it a shot at least once before. I didn't dump him because he was short. I dumped him because he was a dcik.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:32 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,337 times
Bring short is almost as bad as being bald or a red head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships