Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 06:14 AM

328 posts, read 466,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't "assume" anything about tall men. I simply prefer to "look up" to my guy. I want a guy that is bigger and stronger than I am. Pretty simple, and I think that's pretty much biological/evolutional. I don't know why anyone would not know this. You know you can google this right??

That said, height is certainly not everything...not even close. Stop worrying about your height. Insecurity is FAR more of a turn-off than being short.
Sometimes as it goes, you find that you can't look up to your man anymore, anyway...regardless of height. I'm about the join the ranks of Bitter Betties and Bobs so feel free to disregard, just an aside.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think it's the opposite.

I think short women have a stigma about being short and often prefer tall men.

Sometimes ridiculously taller than themselves.

So, a man who is 5'5" has a better chance of getting a 5'5" woman to date him than a 5'0" woman. But really, no woman wants a man under 5'8". Though there is a minority that bucks convention.
You are completely wrong. Just look around you. Plenty of happy average-height women with men their height or only a little taller.

I am 5'4", and I prefer a man who is around 5'6". The sexual dynamix (standing-up sex, think about it) are just better. I think shorter men have more intense energy, somehow. The 'fit' is better.

That said, of the last 4 men I've gone out with (settle down, two were casual dates from match dot com, one was a 10-month relationship, and one was a 7-month relationship), 3 are 6' tall and one is 6'4". This was not intentional at all, in terms of searching for or being attracted to taller men.

Personally, I think it's a pain in the neck -- literally! -- to be constantly looking up at your date. You have to strain to kiss him, look in his eyes, or whisper in his ear. When you walk with Mr. Tall, you are in his armpit. So that he's not making eye contact with the top of your head, you wear high heels, but that's not always a thing you want to do.

My ex is 5'6 and I thought he was a perfect physical specimen. But what short men do is annoying compensation things, that are totally obvious to everyone but them, like jacking up the truck, and being a controlling bully. Don't do this, guys.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:29 AM

22,572 posts, read 47,641,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
This one has always baffled me. I know why men like boobs and ass. That is sexy. But I never got why the length of a man's bones meant anything? Men don't find long bones in women sexy so what gives? What if a man has short legs, and long everything else? Or what if a man has long legs and a shorter spine? Or what if the guy just has a big head? As you can see I am completely clueless about this. Also what height is considered short? Shorter than the woman, or just shorter than the average height of a man yet taller than the woman? Why will women not date shorter men but men will date shorter women? What do women assume about short men? What do they assume about tall men? Average height men? Discuss.

Short is anything less tall than I.
I am 5'11".

I like to look up to a man (Having his eyes at my breasts.... ewwww). I like that he is bigger and stronger. I like that I could wear heels and not tower over him. I like that I can use his shirt as a nightshirt when necessary. Etc., etc., etc.

My husband is 6'4"... perfection!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't "assume" anything about tall men. I simply prefer to "look up" to my guy. I want a guy that is bigger and stronger than I am. Pretty simple, and I think that's pretty much biological/evolutional. I don't know why anyone would not know this. You know you can google this right??
Bingo.

I think some women have a limit to how big and tall they like their men to be, but I recently discovered my tolerance is quite high.

As it is, my husband is nearly a foot taller than me and about 40lbs heavier. I did date a man that was the same height as me, but that was disastrous mostly because he was a complete jerk and I have no idea what I was thinking with that mess. All the rest of them have been significantly taller than me.

Big and tall, long hair, maybe a beard or so. I dunno that look like speaks directly to my ovaries.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
This one has always baffled me. I know why men like boobs and ass. That is sexy. But I never got why the length of a man's bones meant anything? Men don't find long bones in women sexy so what gives? What if a man has short legs, and long everything else? Or what if a man has long legs and a shorter spine? Or what if the guy just has a big head? As you can see I am completely clueless about this. Also what height is considered short? Shorter than the woman, or just shorter than the average height of a man yet taller than the woman? Why will women not date shorter men but men will date shorter women? What do women assume about short men? What do they assume about tall men? Average height men? Discuss.
I'm lusting after a 5'6" guy right now. He's hot.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women are allowed to to state exactly why preferences they find unattractive are so unattractive if men do the same we are called pigs..

Making fun of short men=acceptable making fun of womens weight= youre a horrible human being

The ironic part is that it should be the other way around since height is uncontrollable it is a much sharper dig and blow to mock something somebody cant control as opposed to weight which can be controlled..

But since vagina is in such demand men allow women to be treated with kid gloves while being insensitive about what they find unattractive in men..
Most people don't state what they find "unattractive" they state what they find attractive. I don't see many people chewing out men for saying things like "I prefer redheads" or "I prefer women with big breasts" or "I prefer athletic builds" whatever. Women might say they prefer "tall" or they prefer "a guy with a beard" or "they prefer a thin men."

The MAIN time I see any state what they think some women hate on this forum is when it's started by and stirred up by a man with that particular attribute. They never can see that it's not the physical attribute, but their attitude (thinking all women are just the same) and low self esteem/whoa is me demeanor that makes them unattractive. No amount of women chiming in that they prefer men who are shorter or shorter men who say they have no problem with dates will convince them.

And so what if there are some women out there who don't like that attribute, who needs them. There are billions of other women in the world. And I run into it too with men. Maybe you'd be surprised, but there are men out there who prefer olive skinned women over pale Nordic looking women like me (I don't tan and my skin is fair that you can see all those blue veins under my skin) It's nothing I can control either. But do I go around lamenting that "all men" "hate" pale skinned women. No. Again, who cares about them when there are plenty of other men out there. Let them like what they like, I will go after the men who like me as I am.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:26 AM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Most people don't state what they find "unattractive" they state what they find attractive. I don't see many people chewing out men for saying things like "I prefer redheads" or "I prefer women with big breasts" or "I prefer athletic builds" whatever. Women might say they prefer "tall" or they prefer "a guy with a beard" or "they prefer a thin men."

The MAIN time I see any state what they think some women hate on this forum is when it's started by and stirred up by a man with that particular attribute. They never can see that it's not the physical attribute, but their attitude (thinking all women are just the same) and low self esteem that makes them unattractive. No amount of women chiming in that they prefer men who are shorter or shorter men who say they have no problem with dates will convince them.

And so what if there are some women out there who don't like that attribute, who needs them. There are billions of other women in the world. And I run into it too with men. Maybe you'd be surprised, but there are men out there who prefer olive skinned women over pale Nordic looking women like me (I don't tan and my skin is fair that you can see all those blue veins under my skin) It's nothing I can control either. But do I go around lamenting that "all men" "hate" pale skinned women. No. Again, who cares about them when there are plenty of other men out there. Let them like what they like, I will go after the men who like me as I am.
To compare a man liking a hair color or a olive skin tone to mens height is assinine no offense..None of those hair color traits have they done studies on that 95% of the opposite sex online will not contact you on if you have that color or dont have a certain color..

Mens height is the most judged physical trait in the dating world with maybe the excpetion of womens weight which can be changed a mans height cant which is why its such a sensitive subject..

When you have the least desirable most judged trait in the dating world that cant be changed its gonna make you a little insecure..

Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
To compare a man liking a hair color or a olive skin tone to mens height is assinine no offense..None of those hair color traits have they done studies on that 95% of the opposite sex online will not contact you on if you have that color or dont have a certain color..

Mens height is the most judged physical trait in the dating world with maybe the excpetion of womens weight which can be changed a mans height cant which is why its such a sensitive subject..

When you have the least desirable most judged trait in the dating world that cant be changed its gonna make you a little insecure..
Yeah, and women's age is the most judged physical trait (that she can't change) in the dating world. You see it here with all these "women have a shelf date" comments. There is nothing women can do about it just like there is nothing you can do about your height. But if a woman sits around thinking she's "too old to date", guess what, no one is going to want to date her. Same with shorter men. You need to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and say, "heck with you" to the women who would judge you for something so superficial--they aren't worth your time. Find women who like you for who you are. People do it all the time.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:34 AM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yeah, and women's age is the most judged physical trait (that she can't change) in the dating world. You see it here with all these "women have a shelf date" comments. There is nothing women can do about it just like there is nothing you can do about your height. But if a woman sits around thinking she's "too old to date", guess what, no one is going to want to date her. Same with shorter men. You need to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and say, "heck with you" to the women who would judge you for something so superficial--they aren't worth your time. Find women who like you for who you are. People do it all the time.
Even if thats true at least you have a prime up until a certain age short men as a whole are never in demand its an uphill battle from the begining unlike a womens age

Old 12-12-2013, 09:39 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
I'm 5'9.5", and I prefer to date men my height or taller, though I have dated men around 5'8" or so. The guy I am seeing now is 5'10".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships