Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:39 AM

10 posts, read 13,713 times

Advertisements

im just looking for advice from people who have been in a similar situation.

Heres my story:

i am 24 years old and i just graduated school and got my A & P license. I am going to be a mechanic in united airlines shortly. As some of you may or may not know its a great career and one of the main perks is being able to fly around the world for free. I have been dating someone who has a 3 year old for 7 months. She is 23 years old. I am in love with both her and her daughter. The daughter is also very attached to me. Here is my predicament.

Recently she left me for two weeks cause things weren't a fairy tale anymore (honeymoon phase ended) we would fight occasionally which we never used to. I am a very big sex person and shes not so i always pushed the issue which also turned her off. Also she was scared that things were getting to serious to quickly when she was the one always looking at apartments and talking about another baby as well. In her mind she decided to run away and leave me. After 2 weeks somehow we ended up back together. Before she left i had no doubts about the situation of her having a child but over those 2 weeks i had so much time to think.

I started to realize the severity of the situation. I will become a instant father when we move in together to a child that is NOT MINE. I will never come first to this girl her daughter always will which proves shes a good mother which is a good thing. Now i also dont know if i can trust the girl that she wont just up and leave again in the future. I am really really lost. I am still so young. I do love the girl and i love the daughter but what if i decide to leave? The daughter will be always asking about me and i feel bad to be honest. In the 2 weeks i was gone my gf told me the daughter always asked about me. I am super lost and i dont know where to head with this whole situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 AM

42,762 posts, read 53,118,186 times
You are both not ready. Move on.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,293,198 times
Get out now. I am a single mom and I'm telling you to just not go there. Her daughter is a part of the package if you have any doubts it's best to leave now.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:59 AM

can i ask you why you tell me to not go there?

Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 AM

31,449 posts, read 22,446,699 times
Doesn't sound like a good fit. You sound young. She runs away, then tells you how much her daughter was asking about you. The majority of relationships done't last forever so why assume this one will.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:19 AM

37,049 posts, read 31,307,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davido124 View Post
can i ask you why you tell me to not go there?

"I started to realize the severity of the situation. I will become a instant father when we move in
together to a child that is NOT MINE. I will never come first to this girl her daughter always will
which proves shes a good mother which is a good thing. Now i also dont know if i can trust the girl that she wont just up and leave again in the future. I am really really lost. I am still so young. I do love the girl and i love the daughter but what if i decide to leave? The daughter will be always asking about me and i feel bad to be honest. In the 2 weeks I was gone my gf told me the daughter always asked about me. I am super lost and "

Do you really have to ask?

Old 11-21-2013, 09:30 AM

very good point

Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,554,128 times
No way Jose. Sorry man by I wouldn't go there.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 AM

26,722 posts, read 41,984,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
"I started to realize the severity of the situation. I will become a instant father when we move in
together to a child that is NOT MINE. I will never come first to this girl her daughter always will
which proves shes a good mother which is a good thing. Now i also dont know if i can trust the girl that she wont just up and leave again in the future. I am really really lost. I am still so young. I do love the girl and i love the daughter but what if i decide to leave? The daughter will be always asking about me and i feel bad to be honest. In the 2 weeks I was gone my gf told me the daughter always asked about me. I am super lost and "

Do you really have to ask?
She summed it up nicely. This is why as a rule it is best for childless guys under 27 or so to avoid dating single mothers. I know my statement will p@&/ one member off in particular but it is truth.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:37 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,867,014 times
So you'll be traveling the world for work...I doubt neither one of you will be faithful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships