Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM

152 posts, read 386,670 times

Advertisements

Theres no rules saying women can't ask men out, in fact, I would like it if a girl asked me out and brought me to the movies and bought me dinner....

but I won't get my hopes up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 04:23 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx1337 View Post
It is a very simple question.

Because they don't have to.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Sweden has one of the highest birth rates in Europe. Dating there may not always look like dating here, but it happens. Women there definitely ask men out. So do women here, but not as much.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 PM

76 posts, read 177,589 times
I think women are more than happy with the current arrangement where men ask out women. It's easier wait for men to reject than go and risk rejection by men.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:23 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Because women don't need to ask men out. They just need to look pretty, carry on with daily life and wait for a guy who meets their standards to ask them out.
Nope not true. Living proof here. I've said it a million times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enil View Post
Indeed, women do make their own money. Which makes me wonder why the majority of men still do the paying during the dating process and men are the ones who pay the far majority of alimony.
Because men go on & on about how women being "successful" is not only not important, but even unattractive. I think it's insecurity - they want a woman to be dependent on them. Of course, that dependency will continue after divorce also.

But even successful women are much more likely to leave behind jobs to become wives & mothers than men are likely to become stay-at-home-dads. So at that point, the alimony is compensation for the career the woman gave up to create a home & care for offspring. This is only outdated as far as most women not being incapable of supporting themselves post-divorce, but still, they may have large gaps in employment & outdated skills to deal with when rejoining the workforce.

In fairness, women generally DO want signs a man will care for their needs, as the wife/mother role creates some dependency. Paying on a date has symbolism. It has nothing to do with who makes what money or getting stuff for free, but it's a matter of the man being willing to care for the woman. The men want signs the woman is nurturing, hence not caring if she's "successful". This is some sort of subconscious screening for having children, whether people want kids or not. Many stupidly conflate wealth in a man & passivity & stupidity (misconstrued as indicating "softness") in a woman for being able &/or willing to care for those needs though.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:05 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
I care more about his intelligence and personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're on the wrong forum. Nobody here on C-D believes women who say this.
...except the other women.
I'm seeing someone like that.

We met when I was unemployed.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, I don't know. It's the norm here I think, but maybe you're in a less populated area. Of course, the key is to not have a lame profile. Most people do. This is just part of a email I got last night on OKC. This person is too far away for us to get together though:

You make me want to have a more interesting profile
Mine sucks but I haven't updated it.
You're an individual, how refreshing
How far away is that?

I'm in an open LDR and I think it's worth it. Compatible people are not a dime a dozen.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:11 AM

365 posts, read 490,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Why don't men ask women out anymore? :-p
Because no girl has made a handbook for when it's okay to ask girls women out.
>Maybe she's just flirty with guys?
>Not sure if she's flirty with just me
>Maybe she just likes attention?
>Maybe she just wants my attention?
>The office is not a place to fool around in.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Passive = higher ground

Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Men can only blame themselves. Women don't ask men out because their is an endless number of men who line up at their feet. Until men quit being suckers, this will continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships