Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times

Advertisements

Very simple thread for the most part.

3 Questions

1.)How do you personally define a successful person in the dating/mating context?
2.) Do you consider yourself a success?
3.) By your definition do you think the majority of people are successful? And Does it depend on the age range? For example are people in their 20's more likely to be "successful" by your defintion then people in their 40's? What about by gender?

Ill have my answer later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

3 Questions

1.)How do you personally define a successful person in the dating/mating context?
3.) By your definition do you think the majority of people are successful? And Does it depend on the age range? For example are people in their 20's more likely to be "successful" by your defintion then people in their 40's? What about by gender?

1. Someone who can usually find people who they feel are compatible with and has dates with those people which might lead to a relationship.
2. Nope. Not remotely successful.
3. I think most people are successful, and it doesn't depend on age, but I think people who are entering or are in college have a better chance to find like-minded people because of the mass of students.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
1. Happiness
2. Yes
3. I have no idea.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM

348 posts, read 498,570 times
Quote:

3 Questions

1.common interests = success. If your into fishing and outdoors and so is the other person it's success.
2. With the correct person. Compatablility, similar interests.
3. Idk. I do know as we mature we tend accept people for who they are not try and change them into something we want them to be.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
1. Happiness
2. Yes
3. I have no idea.
Ditto.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
1.) We have a good time for a while.
2.)Sometimes, not always.
3.) Depends on their definition of success.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Mutual respect and long lasting.
Not yet.
Every age has their success and failure stories.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I figure I'm as sound as a British pound if she doesn't throw a glass of water in my face...

Old 09-02-2013, 05:38 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:

3 Questions

Ok for me

1. Success IMO is the ability to consistently pull people you're attracted to and get whatever you want out of those situations. For example if I want something casual with the girls I'm attracted to, I can get that. But at the same time if I want a relationship, I can get that as well. But for example, If a woman can get guys she's attracted to interested, but wants a relationship and can't get that she's not successful in my eyes.

2. Yes under my terms i consider myself successful. I've always been able to attract women I like throughout my life. Right now I'm dating a great girl I met a few months ago and things are awesome. At the same time when I was single and didnt want a relationship I was able to get casual sex from women I was interested in.

3. To be honest no, because my definition Isnt strictly "just being in a relationship" of just "getting sex" which many people say is "success". There are many people who technically have someone but aren't happy with the person they're going home to, Then there's the whole settling thing. My definition doesn't depend on age, but younger people are more attractive then older ones so that would obviously help in terms of pulling the people they truly desire when they're at their physical best. However I think they're more successful people over 30-35 then people in their 20's when it comes to relationships.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:06 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
When the old you looks back on the young you.....you will want to smack them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships