Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
How about you just approach him instead?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I mean its just go say hi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Women do approach men in real life.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I mean its just go say hi.
I agree... but it can be a little more complicated than that. From what I've experienced, if you go up and just start a conversation with a guy a lot of the time he'll assume you're easy or desperate and won't take you seriously. I'm pretty extroverted and tend to start up conversations with people (men and women) and it's amazing how quickly the conversation will go from just chatting to the guy saying 'so...wanna come back to my place for some drinks?'

Old 08-23-2013, 07:08 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Flirt. Practice it all the time, even if you have no interest in a person romantically/sexually. Be nice about it, not overt, be humorous and smile.

You will be amazed how easy it becomes once you think of it as second nature.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
How about you just approach him instead?
Did you see the video??

She made herself available by shopping by him. This is obvious he had no attraction to her or he would have said something to her. If she would have said something I'm sure he wouldn't say, "Oh wow I didn't notice you...I was so busy getting all the things on my wife's list. If you knew her you really don't want to keep her waiting."

Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What did you think was bs about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think it is right on.

Women can make themselves more approachable.

Matter of fact most relationships depend on the approval of the woman.

If you are interested I think these suggestions are very helpful.

Because if a woman is interested in a man, she has to do more than just stand there with smile and say "hi" to let a guy know she's interested. Even in the video when she was at the grocery store, most of the guys ignored her,(besides that one guy who got her number, who she wasn't interested in) not because she wasn't attractive or they're weren't interested, but because standing there with a stupid smile on your face doesn't mean anything. Hell if that's the case every women I come in contact with wants to sleep with me, because they all smile and say hi to me. The only time she was successful, was when she was more aggressive and ask that guy to sit down with her and told him she was glad he stopped to talk to her. Now that's being obvious and flirtatious and letting somebody know you're interested.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Because if a woman is interested in a man, she has to do more than just stand there with smile and say "hi" to let a guy know she's interested. Even in the video when she was at the grocery store, most of the guys ignored her,(besides that one guy who got her number, who she wasn't interested in) not because she wasn't attractive or they're weren't interested, but because standing there with a stupid smile on your face doesn't mean anything. Hell if that's the case every women I come in contact with wants to sleep with me, because they all smile and say hi to me. The only time she was successful, was when she was more aggressive and ask that guy to sit down with her and told him she was glad he stopped to talk to her. Now that's being obvious and flirtatious and letting somebody know you're interested.
I have tried and tried to explain this to you guys but I'm going to try one more time. Let's say you're at a party. There is a woman there that you're attracted to. Because you are attracted to her, you look at her a lot. And every time you look at her or almost every time, she manages to look at you too. Maybe she smiles and maybe she doesn't, but she doesn't keep looking at you because she's not interested. Women who look at you and smile or stand around with vapid smiles on their faces may or may not be interested--they may be really shy or feeling like a dog b/c they ran out w/o makeup on but if she keeps looking at you and catching your eye, she is interested. Usually. Men who are experienced with women pick up on this perfectly obvious signal but men who are not experienced figure that she just farted and she's laughing about it or something. Except that women don't laugh about that kind of thing.

So, for you guys who are complaining that women aren't obvious enough, like that's going to change anything by complaining about it, just try this little experiment. Go to a social function and find an attractive woman and just look at her a lot--admiringly, not creepily. If she doesn't start looking back pretty soon, find someone else--she's probably married or something. After some bit of eyeball gazing, sidle up to her and I'm betting $100 that she'll be receptive. This even works for ugly and short men--after all, we love to be admired and ugly men aren't ugly any more if we grow to like you really well.

A thought did occur to me the other day. The biggest reason many of us are not very outgoing is b/c none of us want to feel like a fool. It's absolutely devastating for some people to be shot down and we'd rather just avoid the pain. Gosh I went over to talk to a man the other night and he wasn't exactly rude but he made it quite clear he didn't want to talk. I wouldn't have felt so bad about it except that I saw him talking rather animatedly to a couple of folks right after that. But, such is life and I know he's getting a divorce right now--he wasn't a stranger. But. . . I'll live I guess.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I have tried and tried to explain this to you guys but I'm going to try one more time. Let's say you're at a party. There is a woman there that you're attracted to. Because you are attracted to her, you look at her a lot. And every time you look at her or almost every time, she manages to look at you too. Maybe she smiles and maybe she doesn't, but she doesn't keep looking at you because she's not interested. Women who look at you and smile or stand around with vapid smiles on their faces may or may not be interested--they may be really shy or feeling like a dog b/c they ran out w/o makeup on but if she keeps looking at you and catching your eye, she is interested. Usually. Men who are experienced with women pick up on this perfectly obvious signal but men who are not experienced figure that she just farted and she's laughing about it or something. Except that women don't laugh about that kind of thing.

So, for you guys who are complaining that women aren't obvious enough, like that's going to change anything by complaining about it, just try this little experiment. Go to a social function and find an attractive woman and just look at her a lot--admiringly, not creepily. If she doesn't start looking back pretty soon, find someone else--she's probably married or something. After some bit of eyeball gazing, sidle up to her and I'm betting $100 that she'll be receptive. This even works for ugly and short men--after all, we love to be admired and ugly men aren't ugly any more if we grow to like you really well.

A thought did occur to me the other day. The biggest reason many of us are not very outgoing is b/c none of us want to feel like a fool. It's absolutely devastating for some people to be shot down and we'd rather just avoid the pain. Gosh I went over to talk to a man the other night and he wasn't exactly rude but he made it quite clear he didn't want to talk. I wouldn't have felt so bad about it except that I saw him talking rather animatedly to a couple of folks right after that. But, such is life and I know he's getting a divorce right now--he wasn't a stranger. But. . . I'll live I guess.
And men don't worry about looking like fools? So I guess every guy at the grocery store in the video didn't pick up on the "clues". Blah, Blah, Blah, im tired of hearing women on here make excuses.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
How to get a man to approach a woman?

ANSWER. Make eye contact with him and flash a bit of a smile. You don't need to do jumping jacks but some guys do need a hit in the head to notice that a girl is flirting and wants you to approach.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
How to get a man to approach a woman?

ANSWER. Make eye contact with him and flash a bit of a smile. You don't need to do jumping jacks but some guys do need a hit in the head to notice that a girl is flirting and wants you to approach.
Ding ding ding! You get a superstar sticker because you are super.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships