Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,263,939 times

Advertisements

A woman that served me coffee at the coffee place I used to go to messaged me on a dating site and is trying to set something up, but uh... she's not my type. It would be nice if I got rid of my superficiality and was attracted to her, since she does have a nice personality. How do I do that?

Last edited by TheHurricaneKid; 06-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Needed to clarify some things due to a few posters making some comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 PM

11,849 posts, read 12,134,072 times
What do you have to lose by meeting in person? I imagine a lot of great matches are missed because you can't be bothered to get out from behind your computer screen to see the actual person, rather than the image of the person.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,397,410 times
Well, I don't have an easy answer for this. I think that in some cases, it happens to you. My best answer is to pursue some kind of spirituality and focus more on a person's vibe. Look more at how she carries herself.

That said, you can't expect to be attracted to everyone. I'll say it this way, you can force yourself to be attracted to anyone. You don't get to choose who you are attracted to.

Maybe there is something to her personality that you don't realize is keeping you from being totally attracted.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What do you have to lose by meeting in person? I imagine a lot of great matches are missed because you can't be bothered to get out from behind your computer screen to see the actual person, rather than the image of the person.
Did you read the OP? I've met her before, she was a cashier at the coffee place I went to for a while.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,872,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
A woman I've seen before messaged me on a dating site and is trying to set something up, but uh... she's not my type. It would be nice if I got rid of my superficiality and was attracted to her, since she does have a nice personality. How do I do that?
You don't know if she is your type or not...digital contact is not very accurate. See her in person and it will define itself.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You don't know if she is your type or not...digital contact is not very accurate. See her in person and it will define itself.
I've seen her before, in person. Maybe I ought to clarify in the OP.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,397,410 times
Quote:
Did you read the OP? I've met her before, she was a cashier at the coffee place I went to for a while.
I'm sorry, I can't seem to find that part in the OP.

Funny thing is that I have answer with the idea of you having met her before in my mind.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM

175 posts, read 316,660 times
One of the problems with the digital dating is it makes it too easy for people to be too picky. The entire thing is based on looks and a couple short paragraphs. You said she is nice. So go out with her. What is wrong with you young people these days?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM

102,445 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcatcher View Post
One of the problems with the digital dating is it makes it too easy for people to be too picky. The entire thing is based on looks and a couple short paragraphs. You go fishing on these dating sites, get ignored and feel like crap, you make a contact that stiffs you, you feel like crap. Get out and circulate. The love of your life may just be that cashier at WalMart. Teach yourself how to engage in idle chit chat with a lady you don;t know, And SMILE at her when you see a gal. Personality will get you a long way.
Another permanent "sticky"-worthy post!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 PM

102,445 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
A woman that served me coffee at the coffee place I used to go to messaged me on a dating site and is trying to set something up, but uh... she's not my type. It would be nice if I got rid of my superficiality and was attracted to her, since she does have a nice personality. How do I do that?
LOL! Kid, are you stressed? You're kinda impatient. Maybe you should take a break from fretting about dating, and go get a massage. They can do wonders for your spirits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships