Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
JEBUS..post hole diggers,combines etc etc will eat your ass without mercy.

That's me too..the thought of getting those keys removed at the hospital never dawned on me either...I guess we are just wired wrong or something..I can't tell you how many stitches I've sewn for myself and buddies...I draw the line at cutting my own fish hooks out though and now go to a walk in clinic that's not to far from here to have that done...I stuck one all the way to the curve in my neighbor's ass last year and he wanted me to get it out and normally I would've,but he was on blood thinners and a diabetic on top of that..the Doc explained all of the infections we could get etc etc and now I just go to him so I don't get blood poisoning..of course,he could've just been trying to drum up biz with that scare talking too.

I've got lots of old scars. I was a stupid kid. I was small for my age and got into trouble. A lot. I started every sentence with "in an accident..." and eventually, my mother stopped having heart attacks when the school called or I came in bleeding profusely. Me and a neighbour from by my Grandparents farm decided to make a hang glider one summer. We were 12/13 at the time and the estate had been in the family for generations. We used parts from their old airfield and random stuff we found around the place. We got it off the ground and had a few small accidents. It flew by the end of the summer and we had a nice trip to the hospital for our efforts. The recovery sucked and his mother wouldn't let him talk to me after that. We were still proud of ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I've got lots of old scars. I was a stupid kid. I was small for my age and got into trouble. A lot. I started every sentence with "in an accident..." and eventually, my mother stopped having heart attacks when the school called or I came in bleeding profusely. Me and a neighbour from by my Grandparents farm decided to make a hang glider one summer. We were 12/13 at the time and the estate had been in the family for generations. We used parts from their old airfield and random stuff we found around the place. We got it off the ground and had a few small accidents. It flew by the end of the summer and we had a nice trip to the hospital for our efforts. The recovery sucked and his mother wouldn't let him talk to me after that. We were still proud of ourselves.
lol! You sound like you were a cool kid. Though that kind of coolness can be fatal. Glad you survived.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It means this to me too. I assumed a guy had to be super big to do that but I guess not.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:37 PM

82 posts, read 92,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It means this to me too. I assumed a guy had to be super big to do that but I guess not.
It does with this.....strong that is.

Nascar Pit Stop - YouTube

Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
You sound just like my oldest daughter and our closest neighbor's kid...they have both been to the hospital a half dozen times this year alone and are just absolutely clueless to danger or to pain..my kid is now 15 yo and the neighbor girl is 13...last week it was a bicycle wreck going down a huge hill and they wiped out...two weeks ago my kid was breaking a horse and fractured her tail bone...that same week the neighbor girl got thrown and stepped on by that same horse and then they both got dragged into the fence trying to calm it down...its a never ending battle trying to keep them alive...I was driving up the driveway awhile back just getting home from work and as I pulled in I saw my kid in the air above the fenceline and I thought"NOW what in the hell is she doing" and she was standing on a gate trying to jump on a cows back and the dumb assed neighbor girl had a rope on it around its neck...as soon as I got close,the cow bolted and took the neighbor girl with him for about 50 feet before she wised up and let him go...and they wonder why we can't have nice things .lol

Old 05-26-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol! You sound like you were a cool kid. Though that kind of coolness can be fatal. Glad you survived.
As a parent now... my poor mother. I'm so freaking lucky my kids take more after their father. They're sane and look before they leap.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You sound just like my oldest daughter and our closest neighbor's kid...they have both been to the hospital a half dozen times this year alone and are just absolutely clueless to danger or to pain..my kid is now 15 yo and the neighbor girl is 13...last week it was a bicycle wreck going down a huge hill and they wiped out...two weeks ago my kid was breaking a horse and fractured her tail bone...that same week the neighbor girl got thrown and stepped on by that same horse and then they both got dragged into the fence trying to calm it down...its a never ending battle trying to keep them alive...I was driving up the driveway awhile back just getting home from work and as I pulled in I saw my kid in the air above the fenceline and I thought"NOW what in the hell is she doing" and she was standing on a gate trying to jump on a cows back and the dumb assed neighbor girl had a rope on it around its neck...as soon as I got close,the cow bolted and took the neighbor girl with him for about 50 feet before she wised up and let him go...and they wonder why we can't have nice things .lol
15 was the worst age for me. Me and a friend stole his Step-Dad's pick-up and crashed it through the front of a fast food joint. We ran and it took me three days to gather the courage to go home and face my father. At least at my Grandparents my accidents didn't involve the law.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:16 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Do you want him to struggle to open a jar?
Do you want him to be able to carry the groceries inside?
Do you want him to pick up a heavy box?
Do you want him to move the furniture around?
Do you want him to sweep you off your feet and carry you to the bedroom?
Do you want him to flip a heavy tire?
Do you want him to pull a plane?

...A spin-off from the how a man should look thread.
Didn't see that thread (edit: went & looked at it), but I would wish a guy to be no less physically strong than I am.
I'm not "in shape" in the traditional sense.
However, I'm physically capable of moving my own furniture around, carrying a heavy box or my own groceries, and opening a tight jar, etc.

Would I like it if a guy could pick me up in his arms ? Sure, I tend to prefer sturdy/solidly built men.
I don't have a car, so can't address the tire-flipping issue.
The thing about pulling a plane is unnecessary, at least for my intended purposes.

Last edited by cloven; 05-26-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
15 was the worst age for me. Me and a friend stole his Step-Dad's pick-up and crashed it through the front of a fast food joint. We ran and it took me three days to gather the courage to go home and face my father. At least at my Grandparents my accidents didn't involve the law.
I would kill her...they are really good kids,but just dumb as hell sometimes...she gets it from me and hears my buddies talking about the stupid stuff I've done..it was funny when she was little,but now she is tearing up more expensive stuff all the time...no WAY could I ever think of bringing someone faint hearted around her either...my mom is a worry wart from way back and I hide EVERYTHING from her to keep her from jumping my ass...she visited here last week and both of those girls are just one big scab from the bike wreck and constantly getting thrown from a horse in the grass...Mom was sitting on the porch and they came walking by in swimsuits headed to the pool and my mom's mouth flew open,but before she could say anything I asked if she wanted more coffee and ran into the house...without her coffee cup

Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I would kill her...they are really good kids,but just dumb as hell sometimes...she gets it from me and hears my buddies talking about the stupid stuff I've done..it was funny when she was little,but now she is tearing up more expensive stuff all the time...no WAY could I ever think of bringing someone faint hearted around her either...my mom is a worry wart from way back and I hide EVERYTHING from her to keep her from jumping my ass...she visited here last week and both of those girls are just one big scab from the bike wreck and constantly getting thrown from a horse in the grass...Mom was sitting on the porch and they came walking by in swimsuits headed to the pool and my mom's mouth flew open,but before she could say anything I asked if she wanted more coffee and ran into the house...without her coffee cup
Parenting teenager's... bound to be an adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships