Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,348,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Emotionally unavailable for any multitude of reasons(shyness, commitment phobe, available prospects way too young, fear of the unknown)
Bitter(always feel bad guys win and good guys lose)
Suspicious/overly guarded/unwilling or unable to take things at face value(see above)

i guess im not that bad after all!!???
How does being shy make someone emotionally unavailable?
What does "available prospects way too young" mean?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,818,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Women who walk around with a list of standards in there brain are damaged goods. That's what I'm starting to believe.
Your idea of standards and mine might be different... but I think everyone has standards... even men. Are you saying you've never seen a woman who you aren't attracted to? Would you say a woman has to be under a certain weight? (this seems to be a common one for men) or have a certain body type? Or not be 90-years-old... these are standards. People like what they like.

As for the subject, I don't think I would date anyone with an addiction, criminal history, bi-sexual, or severe psychological issues.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Would you say a woman has to be under a certain weight? (this seems to be a common one for men)
I've never weighed a woman before deciding whether I was attracted to her or not

Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM

469 posts, read 567,423 times
okay so everyone I know has had some type of damage caused to them by parents, brothers/sisters, cousins, aunt/uncle,neighbor, someone claiming to love them but to me damaged goods only is someone who has given up on themselves and their ability to succeed and make it through.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
okay so everyone I know has had some type of damage caused to them by parents, brothers/sisters, cousins, aunt/uncle,neighbor, someone claiming to love them but to me damaged goods only is someone who has given up on themselves and their ability to succeed and make it through.
Amen!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,818,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I've never weighed a woman before deciding whether I was attracted to her or not
What I mean is by physical appearance... if someone, for example, looks morbidly obese. I am just refelcting what I've seen in a lot of threads where some men complain that overweight women are attracted to them (which leads me to think that being overweight is against one of their standards). And I confess, that's one of mine too. I don't mind if a guy is a little big, but I am just not attracted to extremely overweight men.

I can see "extreme standards" as being weird, but to say anyone who has standards is damaged goods, I would think, make us all damaged goods.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
What I mean is by physical appearance... if someone, for example, looks morbidly obese. I am just refelcting what I've seen in a lot of threads where some men complain that overweight women are attracted to them (which leads me to think that being overweight is against one of their standards). And I confess, that's one of mine too. I don't mind if a guy is a little big, but I am just not attracted to extremely overweight men.

I can see "extreme standards" as being weird, but to say anyone who has standards is damaged goods, I would think, make us all damaged goods.
So, not being physically repulsive is a standard? I'd imagine that that applies to the vast majority of people and for reasons other than size

Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I don't consider these people (except the severe addicts) damaged, just human...

Without people overcoming some life obstacles to become stronger, the world would be a pretty boring place...
Absolutely!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,400,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You said this

In my experience the world is not a boring place without the above
Well that is a different issue than your statement about "having a fulfilling life." And yes, I believe that "a world without people overcoming obstacles to become stronger" would be boring to me. Humankind uses challenge /overcomes obstacle to improve their condition. BTW, I did not state it had to be the specific obstacles listed by the OP however - just a statement about obstacles in general.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,167,259 times
1. A women who's slept with too many men.
2. A women with tattoos
3. A women with std's
4. A women who smokes.
5. A women with kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.