Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 02:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You're still not acknowledging that breaking up could actually reduce stress.
because I don't think it will DURING THE PREGNANCY.

Over time, sure. But by then, the baby has been potentially affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I learned about it due to my pregnancy. My husband has been worried because I have a high stress job, but after investigating I learned that it's not any stress that lends to serious problems, but things like grief stress, war, rape, that kind of thing. So, a husband who cheats on a pregnant wife, or leaves her, could fall into that category and he would really be harming his baby.
Exactly - grief stress. Wish more people knew about this and were prepared to prevent it or minimize it.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,357,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Two people are in a relationship and break up while the woman is pregnant. What do you think about them?
As a couple?
The man?
The woman?

Is their any difference in how you see the individuals based upon their gender?

It happens.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly - grief stress. Wish more people knew about this and were prepared to prevent it or minimize it.
Well, that's at the crux of these threads, really. Unplanned pregnancies usually don't leave room for that kind of planning. I support free BC for all. Our society should really embrace it.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, that's considerate at least. A mood alerter might be something worth investigating.
Nah I just hope Nature takes care of itself and I die before them. I don't have much in favour though, since I don't smoke, drink or eat lots of processed food.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Nah I just hope Nature takes care of itself and I die before them. I don't have much in favour though, since I don't smoke, drink or eat lots of processed food.
You could, instead, experience joy while you're here instead of apathy. If you were interested of course. Imo, this kind of thing could just be your physiology and who knows how it would go if you started tinkering around with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships