Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM

313 posts, read 664,345 times

Advertisements

I think I like this one guy. The only problem is he travels alot for work. He's an engineering/business consultant. Anyway, we were texting today and he said he doesn't want me going out on dates with other guys so he asked me to be his girl. He is away for work till March. He comes home for a week or two then travels again. Anybody who has been in this situation before? I think he's a great catch. I'm not a needy/clingy girl so I'm ok with him being away but is this kind of relationship lasts? Or is this like a long distance relationship when couples breaking up because of the distance. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,582 times
You just have a ton of guys who are into you! You're a very fortunate woman!

The biggest downside to him being gone and you not being able to date other guys is that you don't have anyone to pay for your meals.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I think I like this one guy. The only problem is he travels alot for work. He's an engineering/business consultant. Anyway, we were texting today and he said he doesn't want me going out on dates with other guys so he asked me to be his girl. He is away for work till March. He comes home for a week or two then travels again. Anybody who has been in this situation before? I think he's a great catch. I'm not a needy/clingy girl so I'm ok with him being away but is this kind of relationship lasts? Or is this like a long distance relationship when couples breaking up because of the distance. Thanks.
Hey, that's not easy. I've totally been there. When we started dating and the first three years of our marriage, MrsCPG was on the road 50% of the time. Seriously. We got back from our honeymoon and I put her on the plane the next morning for two weeks. Talk about maximum suckage, that was it.

However, he already said he'll be away until March. He's already said he wants exclusivity. So you really only have to deal with this for another 6-10 weeks. You can do it. But make sure those two weeks he is home counts, and also make sure that there is some kind of future in all this. Because surely he knows it is unfair to keep you on ice if he's going to travel like this indefinitely. A girl's gotta make plans, you know?

The other thing to consider: Why not visit him where he's going to be? The guy may travel on biz, but he still gets weekends off, right? Or at least time off? Make it an adventure to meet up with him.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
You just have a ton of guys who are into you! You're a very fortunate woman!

The biggest downside to him being gone and you not being able to date other guys is that you don't have anyone to pay for your meals.
Yes I'm very lucky to be able to have choices. I'm not a model looking woman but alot of guys said that I have a high sex appeal so I attract guys attention quick. Guys approach me, ask for my number, ask me out and I go. I don't go out on dates to get free meals. I go to get to know someone so I could choose wisely who I want to be in a relationship with.

I never pay for dates. Guys ask, so they pay. I only pay when I'm in a serious relationship with someone. Even knowing that they've been paying for all our dates, guys still ask maybe hoping to get laid one day who knows what their intentions are. But Im not someone who will have sex with somebody I barely know. I wait and before it gets to the point of having sex I already know if that person is someone I want to be with or not. Most of the time it just ended to nothing, because hes not the one I'm looking for and no sex has occurred. I know how to use my face and my body for my advantage. Even this man, who asked me to be his girl, we've never had sex.

I'm an attractive lady. Guys say it. Their actions say it. I've been out on so many dates in my life. Ive gotten countless compliments from guys saying how hot I am, how beautiful I am, how pretty I am, how my smile brightens the day, how they want me so bad. Yes, I've got free meals and free drinks but that's not my intention. I want to find the one who meets all my qualifications and spend my time with him, just him.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Yes I'm very lucky to be able to have choices. I'm not a model looking woman but alot of guys said that I have a high sex appeal so I attract guys attention quick. Guys approach me, ask for my number, ask me out and I go. I don't go out on dates to get free meals. I go to get to know someone so I could choose wisely who I want to be in a relationship with.

I never pay for dates. Guys ask, so they pay. I only pay when I'm in a serious relationship with someone. Even knowing that they've been paying for all our dates, guys still ask maybe hoping to get laid one day who knows what their intentions are. But Im not someone who will have sex with somebody I barely know. I wait and before it gets to the point of having sex I already know if that person is someone I want to be with or not. Most of the time it just ended to nothing, because hes not the one I'm looking for and no sex has occurred. I know how to use my face and my body for my advantage. Even this man, who asked me to be his girl, we've never had sex.

I'm an attractive lady. Guys say it. Their actions say it. I've been out on so many dates in my life. Ive gotten countless compliments from guys saying how hot I am, how beautiful I am, how pretty I am, how my smile brightens the day, how they want me so bad. Yes, I've got free meals and free drinks but that's not my intention. I want to find the one who meets all my qualifications and spend my time with him, just him.

It's good to see you have no difficulties with self-esteem and hold yourself in such high-regard. Very impressive!

This guy who asked you to be "his girl" (I haven't heard that kind of thing since high school). How many times did you go out?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
It's good to see you have no difficulties with self-esteem and hold yourself in such high-regard. Very impressive!

This guy who asked you to be "his girl" (I haven't heard that kind of thing since high school). How many times did you go out?
May I ask why do you want to know?

Old 01-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Well I was curious to see how many dates it took a man to ask a woman, such as yourself, to be his girl. Particularly given his lack of carnal knowledge regarding you.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM

166 posts, read 244,266 times
Don`t do it. He is being very selfish by asking you to be exclusive when he is going to be gone until March.
I was in a similar relationship, and trust me when I tell you it's life you have NO boyfriend at all. After a while, you get bored with saying I miss you.

People say that absence makes the heart grow fonder but more realistic is the African proverb, absence makes the heart FORGET.

Find someone who is available.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
Don`t do it. He is being very selfish by asking you to be exclusive when he is going to be gone until March.
I was in a similar relationship, and trust me when I tell you it's life you have NO boyfriend at all. After a while, you get bored with saying I miss you.

People say that absence makes the heart grow fonder but more realistic is the African proverb, absence makes the heart FORGET.

Find someone who is available.
Oh, she won't have any problem. She's got a waiting list. As long as she remembers to return their texts she's golden!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM

3 posts, read 19,177 times
I've done it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, same as any type of relationship. How much do you trust him? How strong is your belief t, hat he trusts you? It IS worth trying, but I suggest that you and he discuss that this is worth an honest attempt, but that if either of you decide it just doesn't work, shake hands and part as friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships