Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
I'm talking about the moderators here. The moderators here often abuse their moderator powers to lock and ban users that they don't like.
I don't know what that has to do with a forum filled with feminazi's and male chauvinists.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
If that's true, hows come I can run my wife and a pack of wild dogs off with one fart?
and if you think my post is silly, remember- it's not as silly as this thread.
LOL Ok, well done.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,164,328 times
Vocal minority =/= forum filled.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,397,159 times
This forum is not representative of the real world. It's a skewed environment and there are quite a few bitter, disillusioned and lonely people here. Lots of people who are constantly being dumped or choosing the wrong people and then blaming the world for it. Sprinkle in trolls and some normal people and there you have it.

Most Internet Forums are utterly divorced from the real world. Have you ever checked out a sex forum? People with normal or reasonably happy sex lives don't hang out there regularly because they're too busy living their lives. It's just filled with dysfuntional people with no sex lives who hate the world or men bragging about their "massive 14 inch" dick who have sex 32 times an hour.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,560,095 times
While I have some baised mods who have delated my post I would never start calling them names. They are going to do what they want to.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,470,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Vocal minority =/= forum filled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
This forum is not representative of the real world. It's a skewed environment and there are quite a few bitter, disillusioned and lonely people here. Lots of people who are constantly being dumped or choosing the wrong people and then blaming the world for it. Sprinkle in trolls and some normal people and there you have it.

Most Internet Forums are utterly divorced from the real world. Have you ever checked out a sex forum? People with normal or reasonably happy sex lives don't hang out there regularly because they're too busy living their lives. It's just filled with dysfuntional people with no sex lives who hate the world or men bragging about their "massive 14 inch" dick who have sex 32 times an hour.
Exactly. Forums are filled with shut ins and misanthropes. They gravitate towards the online world because they view it as a safe place to "vent" and spew their agenda.

1. We are just now uncovering these people. It is an unfortunate side effect of the internet. Due to their many social anxieties they only feel comfortable "being their true selves" in an anonymous situation. This is still inside of 15 years that we are learning about this side of our society. It is shocking and fascinating. In the 80s movies like Can't Buy Me Love told us that shut ins and nerds are jeweled treasures. That has been far from the truth. They are farther from the Patrick Dempsey heart of gold, and closer to the Ted Bundy mind of a sociopath.

2. They place way too much stock in these online personas. It is interesting to see how much they hate facebook/twitter, but love a forum with anonymity. It doesn't take a genius to see why. For the shut ins here, the only interactions and response from other people, they will receive, is through a forum. The only social graces they learn are from other shut ins. Therefore, the rest of us watch a bizarre shouting match, between people with no lives and even less social intelligence.

3. The only thing they all have in common, is steadfast refusal to take personal responsibility for any action. Whether it be blaming an entire sex, society or your environment, they all refuse to take account for their terrible lot in their social lives. We need to understand this relationship between a lack of responsibility and turning into a shut in, as they are clearly linked.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
I'm talking about the moderators here. The moderators here often abuse their moderator powers to lock and ban users that they don't like.
I have discovered (the hard way) that moderators vary far and wide in the way they moderate their forums. I can say things in one forum that will get me reprimanded and banned for two weeks in another forum. I do not like to be censored any more than the next person, but if you want to play the game here, you have to play it by their rules, like them or not. If you want, you can always find a place to start your own forum so that you can run it YOUR way.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
Because women suck! Oh wait - I think I'm supposed to be a feminazi....

Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,164,328 times
Lol..the mods here are very easy going compared to some forums I've been on. And I've been on some weird ass forums. Almost nothing I see here surprises me in the least.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Exactly. Forums are filled with shut ins and misanthropes. They gravitate towards the online world because they view it as a safe place to "vent" and spew their agenda.

1. We are just now uncovering these people. It is an unfortunate side effect of the internet. Due to their many social anxieties they only feel comfortable "being their true selves" in an anonymous situation. This is still inside of 15 years that we are learning about this side of our society. It is shocking and fascinating. In the 80s movies like Can't Buy Me Love told us that shut ins and nerds are jeweled treasures. That has been far from the truth. They are farther from the Patrick Dempsey heart of gold, and closer to the Ted Bundy mind of a sociopath.

2. They place way too much stock in these online personas. It is interesting to see how much they hate facebook/twitter, but love a forum with anonymity. It doesn't take a genius to see why. For the shut ins here, the only interactions and response from other people, they will receive, is through a forum. The only social graces they learn are from other shut ins. Therefore, the rest of us watch a bizarre shouting match, between people with no lives and even less social intelligence.

3. The only thing they all have in common, is steadfast refusal to take personal responsibility for any action. Whether it be blaming an entire sex, society or your environment, they all refuse to take account for their terrible lot in their social lives. We need to understand this relationship between a lack of responsibility and turning into a shut in, as they are clearly linked.
Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.