Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,683,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
The most drastic change you can make is to stop being so superficial. "I'm good looking," "I work out,", "I make a lot of money." Did it occur to you that none of that stuff really matters? Who you are is what matters, and if all you are is attractive, ripped, and wealthy, you're in for a long hard road when it comes to having a relationship.

What is it I lack?

I can hold an interesting conversation on any subject matter
All of my friends and acquaintances say I'm one of the nicest people they've ever met and somebody with impeccable morals and values (which I take great pride in - none of the superficial things matter if you can't be a great person)
I'm very unselfish and enjoy helping people out

I've gotten just as many compliments for personality/character as I have for everything else.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,028,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Are you blind?

Did you not read the part that Armenian women date their own kind. How could you go for Armenian supermodels when you're not Armenian?

I could most definitely pick up Armenian women.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,028,070 times
Quote:
What is it I lack?

I can hold an interesting conversation on any subject matter
All of my friends and acquaintances say I'm one of the nicest people they've ever met and somebody with impeccable morals and values (which I take great pride in - none of the superficial things matter if you can't be a great person)
I'm very unselfish and enjoy helping people out

I've gotten just as many compliments for personality/character as I have for everything else.

You spend more time bragging about yourself than any other person on this forum, have you noticed that every thread you start... everyone is against you?

Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^This. It sounds like he's emulating the guy in the LMFAO song "Sexy and I Know It".

rhacer, you nailed it with superficiality. If anyone looks good, earns a decent living and can't get a partner, it IS their personality. That's the bottom line.

Perhaps you're right, we are focusing far too much on the superficial

As far as personality goes. I have always had a huge group of friends who loved me dearly (Because they know I would go to the gates of hell for them). I can also get along with a huge variety of people in terms of age, race, culture, interests, etc... because of my foreign background, the fact that I've lived in 3 countries and 5 states, the fact that I can get along with extroverts and introverts, nerds and jocks, etc...

These threads that tell me to improve myself, I don't really know what the hell is about. I've been living my life with 100% intensity trying to improve myself every single day in every way imaginable for quite a while now

I just can't get girls, that's all it comes down to.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You spend more time bragging about yourself than any other person on this forum, have you noticed that every thread you start... everyone is against you?

I have to defend myself because every one of these threads comes down to "You can't get girls because there is something horribly wrong with your personality"

Jesus christ people, there is nothing wrong with my personality. There are weekends where there are 6 groups of people inviting me to do stuff

I just can't get girls, that's it. Stop psychoanalyzing everything else and trying to turn this into something more than it really is or bringing up irrelevant aspects of my life as an explanation why I am forever alone

Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Women who look better than me would be models like this
Sorry guy, you're not that good looking. I saw your pic the other day and you're average. There are plenty of women who are not models but above average.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sorry guy, you're not that good looking. I saw your pic the other day and you're average. There are plenty of women who are not models but above average.

You can believe what you like. You're part of the group of people who call my sister a "7" when everybody who has ever met her just fawns over how gorgeous she is

Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,226,677 times
If you're this concerned about finding a wife at 23, it's likely women are picking up on some desperation. Dating and relationships are long processes that you can't fast-forward unless there's an arranged marriage.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
You can believe what you like. You're part of the group of people who call my sister a "7" when everybody who has ever met her just fawns over how gorgeous she is
I haven't made a comment about your sister, although I think she is quite pretty. I just don't think you're as pretty. Normally I wouldn't say such a thing to people because it's hurtful, but I believe your own ego is what's getting in the/your way. And there is nothing wrong with being average. Most of us are.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
If you're this concerned about finding a wife at 23, it's likely women are picking up on some desperation. Dating and relationships are long processes that you can't fast-forward unless there's an arranged marriage.

I'm not concerned about getting a wife. I would just like some companionship, it sucks being forever alone time after time after time. All I've ever wanted was a girlfriend

My goal is to get married around 28-30....My goal was to start dating somebody around this age and then get married 4 or 5 years down the line. Obviously If I end up marrying around 35, that's not an issue either as I don't have a biological clock - but I fear that I'll be 50 and forever alone if I don't take some drastic steps

With this Armenian issue. I would likely go overseas next year after I buy a house - find a woman, get engaged then wait the 7 or 8 months for her to get a visa and bring her here - date her for 2 or 3 years and then get married
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships