Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,486 times

Advertisements

I'm going to make a long story short. One of my good friends has this beautiful girlfriend who is approximately 6 years older than me - me and her get along incredibly well. Her and him are right now fighting and there doesn't seem to be a chance in hell of them working out long term. She wants marriage/kids and he has zero interest whatsoever in kids or marriage (has already done both)

When they inevitably break up, should I pursue her? Is it worth the risk? Is a 6 year age gap in your 20s that huge of a difference? She is seriously amazing....beautiful and has perfect personality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
let the girl get over her relationship a little before you swoop in Don Juan.
historically younger males with older females around that age isn't a good thing....but its not indicative of every situation

Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
let the girl get over her relationship a little before you swoop in
To be honest, I don't think she ever thought this was anything long term or serious in the first place anyways. He has a ton of baggage and she has none.

I actually felt her being very flirtatious towards me today at the bar and she's made comments before like "everybody who knows you knows that you're a great guy"

Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I'm going to make a long story short. One of my good friends has this beautiful girlfriend who is approximately 6 years older than me - me and her get along incredibly well. Her and him are right now fighting and there doesn't seem to be a chance in hell of them working out long term. She wants marriage/kids and he has zero interest whatsoever in kids or marriage (has already done both)

When they inevitably break up, should I pursue her? Is it worth the risk? Is a 6 year age gap in your 20s that huge of a difference? She is seriously amazing....beautiful and has perfect personality

Have you learned nothing from all the advice given to you? Stop fixating on one girl. Don't think about a girl who is taken, look for new girls. Come on man, she's your buddy's girl. Grow a pair and stop telling yourself this crap.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Have you learned nothing from all the advice given to you? Stop fixating on one girl. Don't think about a girl who is taken, look for new girls. Come on man, she's your buddy's girl. Grow a pair and stop telling yourself this crap.

There's something about her that is just so lovable, it's hard to resist

I really wouldn't even think about this if it was any one of my other friends' but this situation...there's not a chance in hell of it working out. I would be shocked if it lasted another month

Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
There's something about her that is just so lovable, it's hard to resist

I really wouldn't even think about this if it was any one of my other friends' but this situation...there's not a chance in hell of it working out. I would be shocked if it lasted another month

You're supposed to get over this fixation of people you're not involved with when you're a teenager. Go date someone else and don't strive to be a rebound guy. If she hasn't already hooked up with you or tried, chances are she's not going to magically be sexually attracted to you later.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
You're supposed to get over this fixation of people you're not involved with when you're a teenager
Huh? This happens to people in their 30s and 40s, how does that have anything to do with "being a teenager"?

Quote:
If she hasn't already hooked up with you or tried, chances are she's not going to magically be sexually attracted to you later.

Me and her have always gotten along really great. Today, I sensed some flirting from her. Obviously, I can't pursue her and she can't do anything overly obvious because my friend is right there

Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Huh? This happens to people in their 30s and 40s, how does that have anything to do with "being a teenager"?

Me and her have always gotten along really great. Today, I sensed some flirting from her. Obviously, I can't pursue her and she can't do anything overly obvious because my friend is right there

1. It happens to SOME people in their 30s who don't learn better. People who get fixated on girls that they aren't even involved with end up being creepers. Stop being desperate and get out there and talk to some new women.

2. She's going through a fight with her boyfriend and you think you're picking up signals? My guess? You're just like all the other guys who think the girl likes him and ends up crying when he professes his love for her and she's dumbfounded.

How old are you?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:

I don't think the age difference is a big deal. I would ask your friend if he is ok with that if they split before you pursue that. If he is really against it there could be a lot of anger and resentment.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
1. It happens to SOME people in their 30s who don't learn better. People who get fixated on girls that they aren't even involved with end up being creepers. Stop being desperate and get out there and talk to some new women.
Who said I'm fixated? You're reading into this too closely. If I never saw her again, it wouldn't be a big deal to me

I just made this thread cause I was curious if others have experienced the same thing and what they have done in similar situations

Quote:
2. She's going through a fight with her boyfriend and you think you're picking up signals?

Are you ignoring everything else I'm telling you in this thread? This was never anything long term. For christ's sake, she wants to get married and have kids - he's already been married and has several kids. He just wants companionship and sex, she wants something serious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships