Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:39 AM

11,855 posts, read 12,152,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I'm sort of enjoying sending out the one-liner sarcastic emails to some women. I even just call some women out on some of the effed up things they wrote on their profile (you wouldn't believe what some people think is a good idea to say on a profile).
That ^^^^ is arrogance, thinking that you have all the answers for what women include in their profiles. It's an ego/power trip to send sarcastic messages to women online.

Think about it. You are a complete stranger, and you blast some woman's profile online. Who are you that she needs to listen to your crap? How do you think you are being perceived, do you even care how you're perceived, are you even aware of how you're perceived, may be the better question...

Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,081,162 times
But...these women don't even know you. Why would responding to you be a priority? Presumably when you are dating someone you like them and want to talk to them/see them. Your logic doesn't really fly. And I agree with the poster above, your "2 day" rule is arbitrary--I'm sure not everyone got the memo that they should be at the beck and call of everyone who sends an email.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM

674 posts, read 1,166,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its that you sent a sarcastic email and then in two days drop your interest with a sweet email. Seems like PUA BS/nutty/controlfreak to me. All of sudden in two days you went from on the hunt to to totally committed? Yeah right.
So that makes you a liar. Or some dude that was going to cheat on his girlfriend. Or some dude that is just bored and messing around. Or some guy that easily falls for females and will cheat if given the opportunity. Or some dude that likes to keep a bunch of females as friends for backup plans.

Hey at least you are not rude on the follow up. Tip: Humor can be taken the wrong way in writing. You don't get the tone of it and you don't know if its something that is going to offend the person.
When women tell a guy that asks them out that she has a boyfriend or isn't interested in a relationship right now, is that a lie? Is that nutty? I doubt there's anyone in the world who gives the 100% real reason why they're turning someone down. Can you honestly tell me you do? How is my last email so much worse than that?

I didn't just send a single email and then send the second one a couple days later. We exchanged a couple emails between the two of us. I guess that may not have been clarified.

I've never cheated on a girl.

I don't put girls on backburners.

I wasn't really rude on the first email to this girl either. I actually just emailed her about her weekend and that I noticed we work in similar industries. This girl wasn't a "sarcastic email girl". I really only do that to the weirdo girls. If I read a profile and they seem nice I'll usually be respectful, but I have to be semi sarcastic or else they'll lump you in "nice guy" group and not respond.

I really wish it wasn't this way, but it is. I've done this long enough to know what works. If you want responses, this is the way to go. You can show them how nice you are in the second email or on the first date.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM

674 posts, read 1,166,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That ^^^^ is arrogance, thinking that you have all the answers for what women include in their profiles. It's an ego/power trip to send sarcastic messages to women online.

Think about it. You are a complete stranger, and you blast some woman's profile online. Who are you that she needs to listen to your crap? How do you think you are being perceived, do you even care how you're perceived, are you even aware of how you're perceived, may be the better question...
Well, if you get to say things like "I'm awesome" and "I only date guys with nice cars" then I think it's fair I get to say something about it. Freedom of speech. If you don't want people to say you sound like jerk in your profile, don't sound like one. Everyone is thinking it, I just happen to say it and it helps them see that it's a bad idea. Many of them have thanked me for it later. I'm glad to help.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 AM

44,468 posts, read 20,246,290 times
Personal attacks are unacceptable, folks. When a thread deteriorates into bickering and personal attacks, we've got to close it.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships