Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 AM

291 posts, read 612,612 times

Advertisements

hi everyone.
Ok im sorry that i feel the need to post a thread about this, but I usually get helpful and honest advice from the people on here. So ok, here is my story- I was catching up with someone that i was speaking to online and we were filling eachother in on what we have been up to recently. So i told her that i have just came back from vacation, and in her next email she wrote '' i would enjoy a vacation with you.''
I didnt know how to respond to that- it was a nice gesture and inside i was thinking ''wow, really? hmmm'' but i have not sent her a message back yet. How should i respond?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,835,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
How should i respond?
Well, Andrew, that depends a greal deal upon where you want to get to.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM

5,076 posts, read 14,678,439 times
If this is just kind of a casual acquaintance, maybe she is hinting around, or maybe it's a compliment or whatever, I guess if someone randomly said that to me, I'd just say something like, "oh you're so nice, thanks" and keep talking about something else.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,338,655 times
Maybe she wants to go on a vacation with someone? Just go! But get different rooms.

I would not read too much into it.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:25 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,757,059 times
I don't know how a guy would respond, but a woman might say, "Maybe that will happen sometime."

Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM

8,825 posts, read 7,351,646 times
could be she likes you so far and wants to check you out close up..depends on how you would feel about a vacation with her...you can go on vacation and get seperate rooms and make it a friend type thing, why not..men and women can be friends...you should ask her where she wants to go and what type vacation..see where she goes with that... after a while ask her about room arrangements...if you don't want to go anywhere with her, say thanks, but no thanks...
oh and if you are interested, maybe a short weekend trip would be best in case it doesn't work out

Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Maybe she wants to go on a vacation with someone? Just go! But get different rooms.

I would not read too much into it.
im not really reading much into it, other than that they were nice words. I met her on MySpace. I like this girl though, but i dont want her to think that i am not interested in her because i am- i think about her often and at random times and my ''friendship'' with her feels important to me and im hopeful about it. Realistically though it still feels like we are in the initial stages of getting to know eachother. I have not asked her where she wants this to go between us? I would like to at least speak to her on the phone as well, and hopefully meet her in person, but she may not want the same things and may just want to stay just online friends. Im not sure, because sometimes it feels like i make more of an effort to keep in contact than she does. She would send me a message and i will get back to her the same day. Sometimes i send her a message and i dont hear from her in like three/four days- sometimes a week.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:31 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,426,060 times
How you respond depends on how you feel about her and the circumstances of your situation. If she's a possible romantic interest, then she's telling you she'd be inclined to accept your invitation for a 'date' or, if you're separated by miles, a little vacation to get to know each other in person.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:34 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,338,655 times
Well if you have not even gone as far as phone chat..You do not know her enough to REALLY like her. Just have fun and think of it as a vacation witha friend. Overthinking won't give you control to get what you want. If its going to happen, it will. If its not, its not. You can't really tell until you meet the person in the flesh ya know. There is just something that changes with that. (in my experience anyway)

Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well if you have not even gone as far as phone chat..You do not know her enough to REALLY like her. Just have fun and think of it as a vacation witha friend. Overthinking won't give you control to get what you want. If its going to happen, it will. If its not, its not. You can't really tell until you meet the person in the flesh ya know. There is just something that changes with that. (in my experience anyway)
Yes, you are right. The only thing is, that i cant financially afford another vacation at the moment. Should i just say ''thank you, i would enjoy a vaction with you too.''
Is that too basic and not thoughtful enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships