Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:12 PM

52,450 posts, read 53,001,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm not going to let you off the hook here. And the reason I wrote my remarks is because there is this ongoing theme of 'woe is me' in your posts.

Hell, I went through college working a full-time job. Attended classes from morning until 2 in the afternoon. Then I went to my job that was 3 to midnight. For FOUR years. Shortly after I graduated, my father dropped dead without much life insurance, so I worked two jobs -- a full-time one for me and a part-time one to keep my mother afloat. So to sit here and behave as if your situation is unique is just baloney.

I managed to have a dating life. I managed to have girlfriends. Really and truly, even if you sleep 8 hours a night and work 50 hours a week, that's still 54 hours left over to do something, anything, besides gaze at your navel. I mean, now that I am married and have three kids, I would just about kill to have the kind of free time you do. You just have no clue.

It really is your attitude, man. If you sit here and whine about your life, women pick up on that in a skinny minute. If on the other hand, you're positive about your life and don't devote energy to complaining but rather seeing its possibilities, you'd be amazed at how attracted women will be to you.
I hear you... I did the same thing... I helped my Mom out for a long time... I went into credit card debit because of it. I was able to get myself out, eventually.... I don't know... I think people whine way way too much these days...

The problem is, when you says this stuff now... somehow you're just some old out of touch codger...

LOL, I aint that old.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 01:39 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,511,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Disagree, if this was true it wouldn't be some many single people out there, alot of us want what we can't or are unable to get.
I think location and circumstance may limit opportunities, but aside from that, I think many of those single people have flaws they don't recognize and thus can't fix, or they are unavailable in some way (such as can't decide or commit) that prevents them from forming a relationship.

Wanting what you are not is a flaw, because someone who IS all that will probably recognize that you aren't a match.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:00 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,786,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why should this be about the OP? Why can't people just take his questions in a straightforward manner, and post their stories? I'd be interested in reading success stories, especially in the LTR dept. This board could use the uplift, frankly. What's wrong with requesting some positivity? What the OP has posted in the past is irrelevant.
Because you need to know more about someone in order to help them and if people are telling him to go outside and all this other stuff you best believe his profession and income is s issue Shem dealing with women.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,786,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think location and circumstance may limit opportunities, but aside from that, I think many of those single people have flaws they don't recognize and thus can't fix, or they are unavailable in some way (such as can't decide or commit) that prevents them from forming a relationship.

Wanting what you are not is a flaw, because someone who IS all that will probably recognize that you aren't a match.
Totally agree with the last part but the first part in don't know. I don't think we humans are idiots, I think the majority of us are very smart and have a great deal of common sense. The majority of us know better but we choose to do wrong the majority of the time and not care.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,782,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What the HELL?! "Every single one"? Read the title of this thread again: I'm just looking for some stories & a bit of inspiration.....a smile, a chuckle, an "aww", whatever. Where does it include anything of the sort you're talking about?.
My husband was in a rut in his life. We started chatting in an Atheist chatroom one day and long story short, 7 years later he's the happiest man in the world. He found someone who understood him, who was supportive but not clingy, someone who made him laugh, someone who listened, someone who was gentle and kind and loving, someone who was dirty and naughty and someone who rocked his world...me.

Love can come along in the most odd manner, completely unexpected and nothing like we imagine.

He wanted me to share that.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,060,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
My husband was in a rut in his life. We started chatting in an Atheist chatroom one day and long story short, 7 years later he's the happiest man in the world. He found someone who understood him, who was supportive but not clingy, someone who made him laugh, someone who listened, someone who was gentle and kind and loving, someone who was dirty and naughty and someone who rocked his world...me.

Love can come along in the most odd manner, completely unexpected and nothing like we imagine.

He wanted me to share that.
Wow. That sounds amazing. I guess those relationships really can sprout from such random buds. Beautiful.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,953,503 times
I went to a party and this girl jumped on my back and I gave her a piggy ride. Then I let her down on the couch and started kissing her then we went to the other room and had sex

Here's an interesting one but it didn't happen to me: this man I know used to go around telling people he was Baba Booey from the Howard Stern Show. This was before the show was on TV and he actually does have almost the same voice so he told a girl that he was him and he made up all these stories about Howard. And the girl was like "your teeth and lips aren't big, how come Howard always says that?" and he lied and said Howard just makes all that up for the radio. They ended up actually having sex a few times until she found out the truth lmao.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I went to a party and this girl jumped on my back and I gave her a piggy ride. Then I let her down on the couch and started kissing her then we went to the other room and had sex

Here's an interesting one but it didn't happen to me: this man I know used to go around telling people he was Baba Booey from the Howard Stern Show. This was before the show was on TV and he actually does have almost the same voice so he told a girl that he was him and he made up all these stories about Howard. And the girl was like "your teeth and lips aren't big, how come Howard always says that?" and he lied and said Howard just makes all that up for the radio. They ended up actually having sex a few times until she found out the truth lmao.
Wow. That piggyback ride story is amazing. That would have been amazing in college, with the right girl. You're obviously attractive to women, though, if they'll just jump on your back like that.

Interesting how we have the same initials, yet we're so different. Oh, well.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,878,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Just wanted a wee bit of a pick-me-up this morning.

What are some success stories you guys have with girls/women? Either a fun one-night stand, friends with benefits or legitimate, fulfilling relationships? Just something that brought you happiness, either for a little while or permanently? How did you meet a particular girl? How did you recognize and act on the opportunity? What did you do & where did it lead?

Thanks in advance.

Try a MGTOW site. "Success" with women is avoiding unnecessary commitment. These guys will fill you in.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Try a MGTOW site. "Success" with women is avoiding unnecessary commitment. These guys will fill you in.
MGTOW? What's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships