Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think we attract who we ARE, not who we WANT.
Absolutely agree here. Many people just don't understand this "law".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I asked my husband if he had any advice, and he said to go build something. He's in my living room building an entertainment center right now. We stayed up late watching movies, got to sleep in a bit, and held one another this morning. He made me coffee, and I made him breakfast. He's working on the house, and I am doing the accounting. It's a typical weekend and not very glamorous, but we're happy. So go do something constructive that makes you happy ... that's his advice.

I also completely agree with this:

Quote:
I think we attract who we ARE, not who we WANT. Personal growth and development can change who we are - to some degree. A happy disposition and positive attitude is a major plus in developing relationships, if you can achieve that.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 AM

845 posts, read 1,348,496 times
Quote:
I disagree here, partially but I believe it can work both ways. Maybe even many ways.

I think you're the type of person who believes in 'what we send out; emotions, beliefs, attitudes, ect, we get back from the world (or universe) around us'. For example; finding an SO, you can be specific, down to the color of eyes and hair. If you don't describe that; however, you can also get what you put out.

I remember a story from a book I was reading. A woman, intelligent, had a great job, everything was going well for her. Except her dating life. She was meeting such ridiculous men. They were men who had part time jobs at fast food restaurants, did drugs, really didn't care about the world around them. What was happening was, she was sending out that belief that that was all she could get and whatever out there sent her just that.

I wrote down exactly what I want in my SO. It may seem a little shallow to others, but I believe that this person is heading my way. I met someone a while back. We still talk every so often, but we remain friends. I thought I seen her as more. Then something stepped in and changed my life drastically. For a while though, I assumed she was the one. As soon as I realized that her personality, her persona, almost everything she was, was exactly what I've wanted.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm not going to let you off the hook here. And the reason I wrote my remarks is because there is this ongoing theme of 'woe is me' in your posts.

Hell, I went through college working a full-time job. Attended classes from morning until 2 in the afternoon. Then I went to my job that was 3 to midnight. For FOUR years. Shortly after I graduated, my father dropped dead without much life insurance, so I worked two jobs -- a full-time one for me and a part-time one to keep my mother afloat. So to sit here and behave as if your situation is unique is just baloney.

I managed to have a dating life. I managed to have girlfriends. Really and truly, even if you sleep 8 hours a night and work 50 hours a week, that's still 54 hours left over to do something, anything, besides gaze at your navel. I mean, now that I am married and have three kids, I would just about kill to have the kind of free time you do. You just have no clue.

It really is your attitude, man. If you sit here and whine about your life, women pick up on that in a skinny minute. If on the other hand, you're positive about your life and don't devote energy to complaining but rather seeing its possibilities, you'd be amazed at how attracted women will be to you.
First of all, before you guys jump on the OP, let's say get some information about the OP such as age, salary, location and so forth. We can sit here and sung bible verses all day but his age and income com into great consideration when women are concerned so what do the OP do for a living and what's the pay scale?

Old 04-22-2012, 10:40 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Disagree, if this was true it wouldn't be some many single people out there, alot of us want what we can't or are unable to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
First of all, before you guys jump on the OP, let's say get some information about the OP such as age, salary, location and so forth. We can sit here and sung bible verses all day but his age and income com into great consideration when women are concerned so what do the OP do for a living and what's the pay scale?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:06 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Just wanted a wee bit of a pick-me-up this morning.

What are some success stories you guys have with girls/women? Either a fun one-night stand, friends with benefits or legitimate, fulfilling relationships? Just something that brought you happiness, either for a little while or permanently? How did you meet a particular girl? How did you recognize and act on the opportunity? What did you do & where did it lead?

Thanks in advance.
Sure. I have a good story for you.

Early last year, I met a woman who I felt I didn't have much in common with. But she seemed nice.

Late last year, I decided to ask her on a date, and we ended up in a relationship. I found we had more in common that originally I thought, but beyond that, found that she was one of the most loyal, caring, and inspirational PEOPLE I have ever met.

She is now my ex-girlfriend, but the experience of being with her made me think more positive about humanity in general. When you break up with a person and all you think are good thoughts about them, you think differently about women and life.

Don't let your bitterness consume you. Go out and meet good women. They are out there...

Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

That highlighted text is the kind of nonsense losers tell themselves to rationalize why they strike out, rather than take a long, hard look at themselves.

Just like there are men who take nothing into account but the size of a woman's bazongas, there are women who take nothing into account but the size of a man's paycheck. But most women simply do not care as long as the guy in question makes a decent living and has the least bit of initiative.

The poster in question devotes every single one of his posts to how he is the put-upon victim. And victimhood is about the least attractive quality one can have.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:33 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

That highlighted text is the kind of nonsense losers tell themselves to rationalize why they strike out, rather than take a long, hard look at themselves.

Just like there are men who take nothing into account but the size of a woman's bazongas, there are women who take nothing into account but the size of a man's paycheck. But most women simply do not care as long as the guy in question makes a decent living and has the least bit of initiative.

The poster in question devotes every single one of his posts to how he is the put-upon victim. And victimhood is about the least attractive quality one can have.
What the HELL?! "Every single one"? Read the title of this thread again: I'm just looking for some stories & a bit of inspiration.....a smile, a chuckle, an "aww", whatever. Where does it include anything of the sort you're talking about?

I'll never deny that many of my posts come along a similar vein, but all of them? LOL.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Why should this be about the OP? Why can't people just take his questions in a straightforward manner, and post their stories? I'd be interested in reading success stories, especially in the LTR dept. This board could use the uplift, frankly. What's wrong with requesting some positivity? What the OP has posted in the past is irrelevant.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why should this be about the OP? Why can't people just take his questions in a straightforward manner, and post their stories? I'd be interested in reading success stories, especially in the LTR dept. This board could use the uplift, frankly. What's wrong with requesting some positivity? What the OP has posted in the past is irrelevant.
I wondered the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships