Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,089,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Just waiting for the day she drops that fool and I strike.
that's the plan
It's a fine plan. Stick to it. Play it cool and subtle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,025,967 times
To me the question is like asking can white people and black people be just friends?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM

838 posts, read 1,878,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No a heterosexual boy and girl cannot truly be friends. As the OP mentioned, that is not a true friendship since she has the power over him since he is attracted. Only women will say that men and women can be friends because they either are naive about how they string guys along or know fuly well what they're doing and don't really care about his feelings. Guys for the most part aren't mean enough to string along a girl they aren't interested in but its extremely common for women.
Not this @%$& again ...
Attached Thumbnails
Can Man and Woman really be just friends?-good-grief.jpg  

11 posts, read 18,803 times
In his situation, no. Good luck OP, but I'm afraid to inform you that you are spiraling... also I find the fact that your interest lies solely in 'smashing it' than actually caring about who she is.

The answer to your question however is yes. Men and women can just be friends, it's a combination of like minded individuals that solidifies friendship, not attractiveness. There is a large difference between finding someone physically attractive, and sexually attractive. Some would argue this is not true, but it in fact is. You can think that someone is attractive without trying to get into bed with them.

The OP stands a decent chance at getting lucky, as this girl he describes is playful and there seems to be (from his standpoint) some chemistry. However, the return call on that is much less likely to happen.
(EDIT: You also seem very young, so the chances of you getting into a fist fight for a little nooky is much more likely than both)

6,548 posts, read 7,289,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
In this specific situation that the OP described, I'd say yes, it is impossible. He has an ulterior motive and has feelings for her. He's being friendly, hoping he gets something out of it more than friendship. He's being deceitful, not respectful, and that doesn't make him a friend at all.
Hhhhm not nice from his part. In my case she doesn't want to score anything out of me just as I don't want to score anything out of her. True friendship, no ther motives. I guess this kind of friendship does exist.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:22 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,121,368 times
I think they can as long as one person isn't harboring a secret attraction for the other.

Congrats, OP. You're in the friend zone! Every man's favorite place. If this woman liked you then she wouldn't have a boyfriend. When you tell her you like her and she doesn't return the feeling, you'll be moved from friend zone to no zone.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,014,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think they can as long as one person isn't harboring a secret attraction for the other.

Congrats, OP. You're in the friend zone! Every man's favorite place. If this woman liked you then she wouldn't have a boyfriend. When you tell her you like her and she doesn't return the feeling, you'll be moved from friend zone to no zone.
The best thing the OP can do is have a sitdown conversation that is forthcoming and truthful. The minute you play games it will be all over. If there is something there in terms of friendship, a mature woman will give you a chance at keeping it just that. If you are both playing games or are immature, you both deserve to reap your just rewards.

Right now, it seems the OP is not interested in friendship.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,636,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No a heterosexual boy and girl cannot truly be friends.
Maybe not boys and girls, but adult men and women certainly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Depends on the relationship - I've been friends with one girl since we were in high school. We dated for a couple months and left it at that, long distance didn't work. We still see eachother every few months or so , talk to eachother fairly often, either on facebook or texting. I'm now married, her and my wife talk on their own now and then. Probably helps we've known eachother going on 12 years now. But, proof positive it works, it completely depends on the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Why do you think a lot of relationships and affairs begin in the workplace? That's one reason why women and men can't be close platonic friends
Whatever. I have known my best guy friend longer than I have known my husband, and there is NO sexual attraction between either of us, and we are fine with that. We are like long lost siblings. Funny enough, we kinda look like kin, and my hubby and his wife look like brother and sister, it's TOO funny when we all four go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Is it really that impossible for a man and a woman to be friends?
Maybe for some, not for all.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:14 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,214,037 times
I've been her friend for a while.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Is it really that impossible for a man and a woman to be friends? In one of my vacation trips I took a friend with me and we even stayed in the same hotel room (separate beds though). We hanged out for a bit more than a week. She is in good shape, good looking, etc. For the whole trip there was no feeling other than just friendship. Up to today, we are still in touch and see each other quite often, still, no feeling other than just friendship. She’s not the only friend I have like that and she knows I am seeing someone at the moment just like I know she's dating this guy and nothing has changed in our friendship. We're happy for each other .
If that can work for you, fine. I don't think that situation would work for very many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships