Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times

Advertisements

I think it is a power trip. They want to play games to see how far they can push the envelope. And when you keep playing the game, it ups the power ante for them. Then, when you stop the game, they act all hurt and confused, yet another power manipulation. Or they start treating you worse and worse, just to see what the limit is. The loser who plyed this game on me had a medical appointment scheduled weeks in advance, yet he would call me that afternoon to tell me he was in town. Why didn't he call prior? Was he looking for something better? Who knows, who cares, it is that person's problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,967,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Playing hot and cold, goingt out with a group ignoring you one second then smiling at you another? Is this just a sign of immaturity or just someone thats narcissistic and just craving attention or insecurity?
Considering you use the term "girl" she must be on the young side. There's a good chance she is playing games which of course you have no time for. Then again she just might be nuts.

As you progress in your dating experience you find out some women are just plain nuts. They are fun to date but hard to get rid of sometimes. So tread lightly.

The way to settle her down is to be upfront with her. tell her you don't have time for games and then ignore her. She thinks she has the upper hand because she thinks she's hot. That hotness won't last forever.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:29 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
I love how people are so quick to buy that the OP's perception of this woman is completely grounded in reality and not imagined, calling her names and such.

I've had guys accuse me of playing games with them, simply because my life didn't revolve around them and I had other serious concerns.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Considering you use the term "girl" she must be on the young side. There's a good chance she is playing games which of course you have no time for. Then again she just might be nuts.

As you progress in your dating experience you find out some women are just plain nuts. They are fun to date but hard to get rid of sometimes. So tread lightly.

The way to settle her down is to be upfront with her. tell her you don't have time for games and then ignore her. She thinks she has the upper hand because she thinks she's hot. That hotness won't last forever.
i agree, attractiveness or "hotness" doesnt last forever, relationships are also built on personality, and if ur personality doesnt get you anywhere then your probably not the relationship type

Old 01-20-2012, 05:43 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I love how people are so quick to buy that the OP's perception of this woman is completely grounded in reality and not imagined, calling her names and such.

I've had guys accuse me of playing games with them, simply because my life didn't revolve around them and I had other serious concerns.
What do you expect us to do? We can't get her perspective, so we're really left with no other option than to believe him...sans obvious lies, of course.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What do you expect us to do? We can't get her perspective, so we're really left with no other option than to believe him...sans obvious lies, of course.
i think shes just always this negative in general. At least from the posts I end up reading. The girls perspective is that shes a young 22 year old thats in party mode. She probably doesnt want a committed relationship which im fine with but also craves/wants attention

Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times
Relegate her to "ex" date. You have to teach people how to treat you. Expect the best. Drop this one, too much BS.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Drop her or just turn her into a FWB.... less you show you care, more this one will be attracted to you

Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,401,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i think shes just always this negative in general. At least from the posts I end up reading. The girls perspective is that shes a young 22 year old thats in party mode. She probably doesnt want a committed relationship which im fine with but also craves/wants attention
Some girls don't learn a thing from playing games. Move on if that's the case.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Well, be suspicious of generalities without details...accusing her of "playing games" and acting "hot and cold" without a ton of details elaborating the fact. Maybe she's just not into him period really, and he's perceiving her "hotness" as when she's going out of her way to be friendly and her "coldness" as when she has her priorities on her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships