Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,334 times

Advertisements

Hello there, Happy New Year to ya'll May this year bring you fantastic life experiences!!

e_Harmony Update: So, as some of you know, dad gave me the gift of online dating, through e-Harmony. After about 2 moths, I decided it was a waste of my time, and my dad's money. I cancelled the membership, and e-Harmony gave him back a pro-rated refund (after I complaint )

After some thought, I signed up for a couple of free online dating sites, to really get back into the dating scene, no questions, no bs... just me, my pictures and my dry sense of humor

This question came up while conversing with some friends over the weekend: Would you mind dating a guy/girl with kids? I said absolutely, in fact I know I don't want to have any of my own, but if the guy and I connected, why not?

And so the next question was: Would rather date a baby momma/daddy or a single mom/dad?

I said what is the difference? the answer was:

Single parent = The other half of the parenting unit is out of the picture completely.

Baby momma/daddy = the other half of the parenting unit is constantly involved.

I said, I don't know. What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
I would probably never date a women who had kids.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:50 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I would probably never date a women who had kids.
Fair enough, care to explain why?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Fair enough, care to explain why?
1.Not trying to raise somebody elses kids.
2. Having to deal with baby mama/daddy drama.
3. When I do have kids I want me and my wife to have kids together, not her having kids already with somebody else.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Either/or. Depends on how well we connect, and on the dynamics of any involvement of the other parent. Not all are prone to problems and drama, and an active other parent usually provides the custodial parent with some breaks and free time now and then, which can help move a new relationship along. It really depends on the individual situation and what you find you can and can't handle/tolerate.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 AM

526 posts, read 955,326 times
I prefer not to date single dads. I've seen many of my friends and family members having to deal with the baby mama/daddy drama. That's not for me.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Either/or. Depends on how well we connect, and on the dynamics of any involvement of the other parent. Not all are prone to problems and drama, and an active other parent usually provides the custodial parent with some breaks and free time now and then, which can help move a new relationship along. It really depends on the individual situation and what you find you can and can't handle/tolerate.
My feelings to a tee. Another persons ex may be a great supporting parent and there may be no real drama other than standard day to day issues. This can also give you insight into your Love interests ability in dealing with an ex: Does she blow up or does she handle it with class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I prefer not to date single dads. I've seen many of my friends and family members having to deal with the baby mama/daddy drama. That's not for me.
You must be young. When you get to your 30s the selection of quality mates goes down if your not willing to date people with kids.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Hello there, Happy New Year to ya'll May this year bring you fantastic life experiences!!

e_Harmony Update: So, as some of you know, dad gave me the gift of online dating, through e-Harmony. After about 2 moths, I decided it was a waste of my time, and my dad's money. I cancelled the membership, and e-Harmony gave him back a pro-rated refund (after I complaint )

After some thought, I signed up for a couple of free online dating sites, to really get back into the dating scene, no questions, no bs... just me, my pictures and my dry sense of humor

This question came up while conversing with some friends over the weekend: Would you mind dating a guy/girl with kids? I said absolutely, in fact I know I don't want to have any of my own, but if the guy and I connected, why not?

And so the next question was: Would rather date a baby momma/daddy or a single mom/dad?

I said what is the difference? the answer was:

Single parent = The other half of the parenting unit is out of the picture completely.

Baby momma/daddy = the other half of the parenting unit is constantly involved.

I said, I don't know. What say you?
I find the terms baby-momma and baby-daddy to be disturbing and unappealing, and quite disparaging, and mostly used by people whose command of the English language is poor. The fact that you have actually tried to justify its usage is somewhat disheartening to me.

A single parent is one that has a child, and no spouse...period. It's pretty simple.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
I'd rather the single parent.

One less adult in the relationship.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
There is another option that you forgot, and that is -a single parent with an involved other parent and no drama between the two. Believe it or not, it does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships