Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,849,589 times

Advertisements

My responses in bold:

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring Yes, to an extent. People can go overboard with this sort of behavior, and I don't want that.

2. Extremely compassionate and loving Just kind of seems the same as the first to me.

3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f Again, pretty much the same thing.

4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you Patience is a beautiful thing, but if I'm truly acting like an idiot I want her to tell me.

5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it Yes, this is good, but constructive criticism is a good thing, IMO. But I would like her to be respectful when she disagrees with me. That's how I try to treat people and I'd prefer the same treatment in return.

6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy Maybe, to an extent. I don't want some naive child, but I also don't want some crude, sarcastic wench who's angry at the world because it beat her down early in life. A certain level of innocence can be endearing, but as with everything, there's a limit.

7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy... This one's tough. On one hand, sometimes shyness is pretty darn cute in a girl. But on the other hand, I don't want to be the one doing all the talking.

8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage Sure, as long as she doesn't want children.

I'm learning that I have pretty odd taste in women. I could describe my ideal woman extensively right now, but there would still be something missing. I want a woman who has at least one or two bizarre quirks. Things that tell me she may actually be a little bit batty.

For example, about a week ago I saw this kind of weird looking girl downtown just completely rocking out on a banjo in front of a vacant building. There was no tip jar, or hat, or anything to indicate she was playing for money, and it was a spot that doesn't see much traffic. But she acted like she was really putting on a show. She was dressed like she might be color blind, or maybe just completely blind, and after I walked by her, I stopped, turned around, and looked at her again, and she was sort of looking at me out of the corner of her eye, like she was terrified. All while putting on a heck of a performance. In short, she was unusual, unique, and gave the impression that she may be a tad crazy, and I found it all pretty darn attractive for some reason. I couldn't even tell you why, but stuff like that is much more attractive to me than a woman who is serene, naive, and flawlessly affectionate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 08:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,518,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
but if I'm truly acting like an idiot I want her to tell me
As if you don't know it!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:53 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,805,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggo558 View Post
This kind of thought process comes from someone who is doubting themselves or has become somewhat desperate.
Your reply is no reply at all - what does it matter what anyone else thinks?
Comparing your desires and likes to others is futile and worthless.
Ah, but how is it doubtful or desperate, to want to take something of a survey or sorts, about what sorts of things and female personality aspects interest and attract other men? Like I said, sheer curiosity; really nothing more...

Quote:
Are you really going to change what you like? Really? Would you do that with anything else in your life? Your home, your food choices, your career choices, your favorite color, your taste in music, your fav films, etc., etc?
Your requirements in a GF/spouse are quite important/pivotal and changing or ignoring them is quite likely to get you into trouble or leave you with heartache.

Also, the more you spend time on such thoughts, the less you spend on pursuing your mate with the certainty that you need and which your potential mate will be looking for, subliminally, in you.
To be honest, I guess I would really see see a serious, exclusive relationship with an intention toward courtship and/or marriage, to be a "merging" of sorts, of the lives of the two partners involved. A merging of interests, favorite things and likes and dislikes, career options, etc. It is all "merged" together. In such a merging, I would have no problem at all, and actually be genuinely interested in learning as much about a prospective partner as possible. So it is not about "sublimating" my needs or interests to a partner's but merging them, together

Quote:
I'm not being hard on you - I just want you to see that there's nothing wrong with your likes and preferences and you shouldn't look to them as reasons for not having someone now who has those qualities.
Again thank you, for your feedback and thoughts, on the matter...

Old 12-28-2011, 09:13 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,849,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
As if you don't know it!
Sure, I know it, I'm just in denial!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,698,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy...
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage
Jeepers, talk about a pipe dream.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,115,030 times
Quote:
How so? After all, aren't there women out there, who are shyer or more introverted, more soft-spoken, and less-confrontational? Granted, I know that they may certainly be the exception rather than the rule, but I would still assume that kind of female temperament and personality traits, is out there statistically to at least a certain degree?
It sounds like you want the type of woman to keep her eyes downcast and not dare to disagree with you or oppose your view. Someone who will always smile and nod and agree. Good luck.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,944,245 times
You are describing a wind-up doll, not a human being.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,725,955 times
Quote:
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage
There must be some serious deal breakers to your personality.

Your ideal is unrealistic.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:39 AM

19,008 posts, read 29,899,352 times
Quote:

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...
That describes one of the girls I have been courting. But she comes from a family of orthodox Jews, them who go to synagogues. While she claims they are liberal, I have very little hope I will be able to blend with her family, so she is pretty much a time passing entity for me.

I can convert her to Catholicism but I will be crucified in Brooklyn and am not rising on the third day.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,774,685 times
Quote:
ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...

My input is that #6 is totally creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships