Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,807,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursofa_king View Post
Reward her when she behaves herself and does stuff for you, not automatically.
Good grief, why do you have this obsession with "rewarding" people. The Pavlovian principle was one thing but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursofa_king View Post
I'm speaking from experience. I always paid and held open car/building doors for an ex. How did she repay me? No sex, vacations had to be shared with friends (no 1 on 1, and for the one time we were alone, she was a cold fish, hid it from her parents). I took the lead with all kinds of romantic ideas and outings and she never reciprocated.
The next relationship I learned my lesson, created distance and challenge and got much better results. The woman bought me stuff, cooked for me , it was a refreshing change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Where is that woman now? What happened?
Enquiring minds need to know! Guess neither scenario worked out very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
What?! Wow. Please don't take this advice. Most women appreciate these acts of chivalry, especially now when they seem almost non-existant.
appreciate, sure

return the favor? not so much

Old 07-17-2011, 11:58 AM

406 posts, read 581,635 times
As I said earlier, women will chase highly desirable men. That includes those that say they will never chase a man. These days, women don't respond to chivalry, despite what they say. If you sense a woman is not reciprocating and is playing hard to get, back off. If she's truly interested, she won't lose you and she will chase. I've seen it happen too many times.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,884,605 times
Default Geez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
As I said earlier, women will chase highly desirable men. That includes those that say they will never chase a man. These days, women don't respond to chivalry, despite what they say. If you sense a woman is not reciprocating and is playing hard to get, back off. If she's truly interested, she won't lose you and she will chase. I've seen it happen too many times.
So wrong... depends if the woman has self- respect or not... yes some women think they are not complete without a man on their arm... GEEZ... many women know that "game" you suggest... just keep playing games and wonder... "what am I doing wrong??"...

Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM

406 posts, read 581,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
So wrong... depends if the woman has self- respect or not... yes some women think they are not complete without a man on their arm... GEEZ... many women know that "game" you suggest... just keep playing games and wonder... "what am I doing wrong??"...

You say I'm wrong, but actions speak louder than words. Women do chase in those situations. Just because you don't want to hear the truth, doesn't mean what I said is false. Guys that understand female psychology do this and it works. Sorry, but I'm 100% correct.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 PM

19,764 posts, read 20,330,715 times
Quote:
You say I'm wrong, but actions speak louder than words. Women do chase in those situations. Just because you don't want to hear the truth, doesn't mean what I said is false. Guys that understand female psychology do this and it works. Sorry, but I'm 100% correct.
It all depends...on your intentions.

If you're trying to get laid, it can work like a charm-- but if you want a legit relationship, it's best to skip the reverse psychodrama and mind games as much as possible.

They'll always be there to some extent, I mean we're dealing with men & women here, it's inevitable. But the more games played, the less real the two players become.

Ya gotta keep it real.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:09 PM

946 posts, read 2,921,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
appreciate, sure

return the favor? not so much
What do you mean by return the favor? You mean also open doors, pull out his chair, get his coat, etc? I'm not sure what you mean.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's game playing to the max. I don't care what you think and if you believe you're 100% correct- I'm a woman and I know what I want, what I will do and what I won't. I really do appreciate chivalry in a man and I won't take those acts for granted. I won't chase a "highly desirable" man- if I sense that a man I like isn't into me, I will let it be and move on. Doing otherwise is having no self-respect. Maybe it's the type of women you meet, but we're not all that way.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:20 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
What do you mean by return the favor? You mean also open doors, pull out his chair, get his coat, etc? I'm not sure what you mean.
show him she's interested
do nice things for him in her own way
call him every once in a while
show interest in seeing him again
make him feel comfortable

If I need to tell you specifics, sorry, it's not my job to teach women how to be a good girlfriend.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
show him she's interested
do nice things for him in her own way
call him every once in a while
show interest in seeing him again
make him feel comfortable

If I need to tell you specifics, sorry, it's not my job to teach women how to be a good girlfriend.
That's exactly what I meant by "appreciate".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships