Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,109,800 times

Advertisements

I agree, communication is key.

We have talked some about space, and I have all the respect in the world for her desire to have some. She expressed an interest in spending some time on occasion with her friends. I told her that is great and to go do it.

I think the problem comes in when she makes those plans, she forcably includes me. Then, I do not think she gets the benefit of hanging out with her friends, because she is likely not going to be as open about her feelings with me in the room.

I am certainly going to try and talk with her more on the subject. Good advice on how!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,597,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I agree, communication is key.

We have talked some about space, and I have all the respect in the world for her desire to have some. She expressed an interest in spending some time on occasion with her friends. I told her that is great and to go do it.

I think the problem comes in when she makes those plans, she forcibly includes me. Then, I do not think she gets the benefit of hanging out with her friends, because she is likely not going to be as open about her feelings with me in the room.

I am certainly going to try and talk with her more on the subject. Good advice on how!
I understand what you're saying about "forcibly" including you, but unless she's a really muscular girl, I suspect you have some weight in the matter too . So if it's an event you'd rather not attend and you suspect she needs some girl time, there's nothing wrong with you being "busy" and kissing her on the cheek, saying, "Go, honey, and have a great time."

And definitely, talk, talk, talk. It's hard to mesh two different people with non-identical needs into a partnership. It can be done and work beautifully, but it requires lots of communication along the way so you can learn about each other. Just think of her as a new species .

Old 07-14-2011, 01:09 PM

3,769 posts, read 6,776,369 times
Get her flowers.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:29 PM

10,189 posts, read 20,860,133 times
Maybe she's having some pre-wedding jitters. I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about. All of the stress and planning has probably caught up to her and reached a boiling point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships