Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:46 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,035,998 times

Advertisements

Here is a question to think about. She is showing interest again, but you also said she has a lot of personal issues too (drugs and such). That you wanted her to know she could count on you when her life was crashing.

You will want to protect your heart in this. It is far easier to understand how you feel about someone, than it is to figure out how they really feel about you. You will want to know if she loves you for you, or if she is coming to you and expressing feelings because everything around her is crashing.

If you are her strength in a time of need, when the relationship is otherwise healthy, then I see no problem. However, if your just her white knight, she may hurt you again when her life is going well, and her confidence and/or desire to look around comes back.

Just be careful. Do not go back into it with your heart wide open. (I do not mean to be emotionally closed either, just think with your brains about it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 PM

366 posts, read 775,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnoahsuh227 View Post
I just dunno who to turn to for advice. I don't have a father figure in my life and my other family members are from a different culture so they tackle these kind of issues in a very frustrating way. I recently fell in love for the first time. Yea I've had past relationships. Good ones. Bad ones. But as cliche as it sounds. This was way different. It was like all the sorrow and misery in my life was takin away by this one person. And when I say sorrow I mean all the emotional and physical abuse that happened in my life didn't matter anymore. And when things went downhill, I panicked and I decided to leave town to live with my aunt and uncle. As I did I held on to hope so I went back. Only to know she slept with someone else and that she didn't love me anymore so I left town again. As painful as it was, I felt a bizarre peace to know it was done. As a month or two went by I realized even tho I knew it was over, I still really cared about her because of her family life and personal life revolves around a lot of drugs and I wanted her to be happy. I want to be the person she can go to when she feels her life is goin downhill cause I care about her well being so much. So we would occasionally check in on each other. And as we started talking she started to say how unhappy she was and the last time she was happy was when me and her were together on a date. So obviously I started to feel some things. But I dunno if I can ever deal with the fact she slept with someone else but at the same time I still love her and want to be with her. Where do I draw the line? Do I forgive? Or forget? I miss her, but she hurt me. But a part of my mind just wants to forgive her and be with her again. What should I do?
Unfortunately, your lady friend's "personal life revolves around a lot of drugs," and there's nothing you can do to get her to stop. In essence, she enjoys her drugs more than she enjoys your company: you're an enabler. Hey, I've been there and done that, so I know what you're going through. As hard as it might seem, forget her and move on before you get sweep under the rug with your friend. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships