Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:41 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,114,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Why? not tryin to sound like a 5 yr. old. whats so bad about telling a guy friend u love him that u known for a few years
Katie, you might not be trying to sound like a 5 year old, but you need to try a little bit harder, cuz you still sound like a 5 year old. If I told every woman I've known for a long time, who was also a good friend, that I love them, when we parted company I would sound like an idiot. Saying 'have a good weekend' is enough of a farewell, if you add the I love you part it just makes you look foolish. Ok, you asked questions by writing this thread, now, pickup your sixpack of beer and go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,563,794 times
I'm not a guy, but I tell my friends I love them when they leave, male or female, all the time. I hug them, give them a kiss and "Bye, love you."
The men are not confused, nor do they think I'm leading them on. My guy was a little taken aback at first, it's not something he is used to in his own circles, but actually admires it. I'm very affectionate with the people I love, friends or family.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:13 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,286,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
it is only creepy because it dosent sound mutual, it sounds like it is too much and makes him uncomfortable...

if it is a normal everyday mutual end of conversation,then no big deal.... if the other person hesitates or dosen't say it back, and something feels wrong to the extent you make a thread about it, then YES! Creepy!
Bingo!

If you two are like fighting to say "I love you first" then you're on the same page. But the way you've depicted it is: You say it, and he says it out of reciprocation, and when you don't say it, he doesn't say it...

Someone on here said that your kids say it to their friends... come on now.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM

469 posts, read 1,176,638 times
I think it it stupid to tell just friends I love you on a regular basis. When you really feel it in a strange situation, or a really serious connection it is alright, but to throw it around after every meeting does

Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 PM

37,682 posts, read 46,114,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
If there was nothing wrong...uh...why exactly are you posting this thread? What is the purpose of the thread?........
Ummm...you have to remember who posted it.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,092,544 times
this question and your response is just mind boggling.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,882,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ummm...you have to remember who posted it.

I agree with you.....I think we have another one of our 'special' posters

Old 04-15-2011, 01:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,562,078 times
OP, you are treating your guy friend like he is one of your girlfriends and it just does not translate the same way. My girlfriends and I always tell each other "I love you", hug/cuddle, hold hands, etc but the dynamic between men and women (even platonic relationships) dictate different verbage and interactions. Women are just naturally more affectionate with each other in non-sexual ways then men.

If I interacted my guy friends the way that I do with my girlfriends they would automatically think that (1) I'm sexually interested in them or (2) that I'm sexually interested in them or (3) I am sexually interested in them. Men are just wired differently.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:38 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,882,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OP, you are treating your guy friend like he is one of your girlfriends and it just does not translate the same way. My girlfriends and I always tell each other "I love you", hug/cuddle, hold hands, etc but the dynamic between men and women (even platonic relationships) dictate different verbage and interactions. Women are just naturally more affectionate with each other in non-sexual ways then men.

If I interacted my guy friends the way that I do with my girlfriends they would automatically think that (1) I'm sexually interested in them or (2) that I'm sexually interested in them or (3) I am sexually interested in them. Men are just wired differently.
not really...are you trying to tell me that if a guy tells you he loves after each meeting you arent thinking 'homie's got a crush on me'

Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,562,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
not really...are you trying to tell me that if a guy tells you he loves after each meeting you arent thinking 'homie's got a crush on me'
No, not necessarily, because its not what he says but how he says it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships