Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:39 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
why? hes the 1st guy in my life 2 say I love u back. hes a drug addict so don't know if he means it
This is why you don't say "I love you" to guy friends if you are a girl. It's a terrible choice of words and it is going to create drama. If that's what you're going for then fine.

Women should not be going around to their friends who are guys saying "I love you". PERIOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
There are different degrees of love, and they aren't all of the romantic type. I have no problem telling those I love that I love them, and enjoy hearing them tell me that they love me. Of course, dealing with death has given me a whole different perspective from where I was a couple of years ago.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:50 AM

420 posts, read 877,919 times
Have a good weekend, but not with me, because youre in the 'I love you ONLY as a Friend Zone'.
Not the gettin some zone.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
This is why you don't say "I love you" to guy friends if you are a girl. It's a terrible choice of words and it is going to create drama. If that's what you're going for then fine.

Women should not be going around to their friends who are guys saying "I love you". PERIOD.
why? I love this guy we been through some **** together n I only like him as a friend, I think he knows that too

Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
seems kinda either creepy/needy, OR condescending... like you feel sorry for him....or fishing for I love you back...... The "I love you" just seems inappropriate unless there is some major situation or crisis where a friend needs support...

Saying something like have a good weekend Buds, or moknkey, or some other appropriate name, sends the "I love you" message, but it sends it with more of a mutual respect feeling.....instead of some forced obligation.

IMHO...

Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
like from a good female friend? then at the end says she loves you that happens in the ending of every meeting?
Sounds like a good friend to me. If she's known you a long time, she might love you and wish you a good week-end. As usual, alot of you are taking good social conversation and turning it sexual.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
like from a good female friend? then at the end says she loves you that happens in the ending of every meeting?
If she said in the English language, I wouldn't really make that big of a deal. "I love you" in English is heard for almost anything really.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
seems kinda either creepy/needy, OR condescending... like you feel sorry for him....or fishing for I love you back...... The "I love you" just seems inappropriate unless there is some major situation or crisis where a friend needs support...

Saying something like have a good weekend Buds, or moknkey, or some other appropriate name, sends the "I love you" message, but it sends it with more of a mutual respect feeling.....instead of some forced obligation.

IMHO...
Oh, brother, creepy. That's the #1 word on here. Creepy. Everything is creepy. Just sounds to me that he's a good friend and he might even tell that to his family too. The kids and I tell each other every day that we love each other. I've heard them say that to their close friends too. No big deal.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Guys: What do u think if a girl told you have a good weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I hope you're about 9 or 10 hrs from the Pacific time zone.

It's much too early here too be drinking.
Chow, with that one you absolutely made my day!!! Thanks, you said it so well.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Oh, brother, creepy. That's the #1 word on here. Creepy. Everything is creepy. Just sounds to me that he's a good friend and he might even tell that to his family too. The kids and I tell each other every day that we love each other. I've heard them say that to their close friends too. No big deal.

it is only creepy because it dosent sound mutual, it sounds like it is too much and makes him uncomfortable...

if it is a normal everyday mutual end of conversation,then no big deal.... if the other person hesitates or dosen't say it back, and something feels wrong to the extent you make a thread about it, then YES! Creepy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships