Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,996,518 times

Advertisements

Me and my girlfriend have been together almost 2 years now, and i really love her a lot. The problem is recently she has been getting very angry with every tiny thing I do, it is almost every day even when things are going good, something will pop up and then she will turn it into a huge argument. She seems constantly annoyed with me. It has been tough lately, and I even ask her if she still wants to be with me and if she's tired of me, and she says yes and that she wants to be with me, but then after that she will mock me for asking. I feel like I can never do anything right, and I feel like she blames me for a lot of things. If we're together and then it ends up being more time than we expected, she gets angry and says "you see why I don't come around? you just make me late and it wastes my time"

I don't know how to fix things, even when I try to not do the things that she tells me bothers her, it seems like new things just come up. But she tells me she wants to stay with me. I know I sound like a 16 year old, but man we used to get along so good, I don't want to just let it go. Is there a way to make her not be upset with me? Is this a sign she is just tired of me? Is there any advice for a situation like this.. I mean I feel like problems can always be fixable.. but could it be she really just wants to get away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,897,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Me and my girlfriend have been together almost 2 years now, and i really love her a lot. The problem is recently she has been getting very angry with every tiny thing I do, it is almost every day even when things are going good, something will pop up and then she will turn it into a huge argument. She seems constantly annoyed with me. It has been tough lately, and I even ask her if she still wants to be with me and if she's tired of me, and she says yes and that she wants to be with me, but then after that she will mock me for asking. I feel like I can never do anything right, and I feel like she blames me for a lot of things. If we're together and then it ends up being more time than we expected, she gets angry and says "you see why I don't come around? you just make me late and it wastes my time"

I don't know how to fix things, even when I try to not do the things that she tells me bothers her, it seems like new things just come up. But she tells me she wants to stay with me. I know I sound like a 16 year old, but man we used to get along so good, I don't want to just let it go. Is there a way to make her not be upset with me? Is this a sign she is just tired of me? Is there any advice for a situation like this.. I mean I feel like problems can always be fixable.. but could it be she really just wants to get away?
I feel for you and am sorry this is happening

A lot of times when this kind of thing happens it actually has nothing to do with the other person (you), it's all about the annoyed one.

Something is going on with her that she doesn't want to deal with

Some possibilities...

Her feelings for you have changed and she doesn't know how to be the one to break up, so she treats you like cr#p to get you to leave

or

she has some self-esteem issues and is trying to make you prove you love her by staying with her no matter how bad things get. If you leave she gets to say to herself, "I KNEW he didn't really love me".

or

she may have been raised in a dysfunctional family and has anger issues she needs a therapist to help her work thru. You've been together long enough that she may feel very safe with you by now. And strange as it is, women with old family issues will wait until they feel really safe with someone before they let their anger out.

Either way - it's all on her and you should not blame yourself or anything you aren't doing right for her bad behavior.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,716,906 times
Yes, I have advice. Tell her to go chew on a piece of leather!
Seriously, she sounds like she is selfish, and no feelings or respect for you.
Its time to let her chase you. Good Lord!! Stop being so freakin` nice~!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,298,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Tell her to go chew on a piece of leather!
Wow, you're full of surprises today, Yankee! When I saw a post of yours, I fully expected to see the word "communicate"!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:53 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,496,704 times
Bad behavior can't be coddled. I agree with lovesMountains, but think you need to call her on it, and set some boundaries. She needs to figure out what's wrong, or get help soon to figure it out, otherwise, one of you needs to move on - or out (depending on whose place it is).

Old 04-06-2011, 02:56 PM

22,422 posts, read 29,577,886 times
I'm sorry to say but it sounds like there's someone else in the picture on her end..Shes doing what she can to push you away..Be careful and good luck

Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,897,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Bad behavior can't be coddled. I agree with lovesMountains, but think you need to call her on it, and set some boundaries. She needs to figure out what's wrong, or get help soon to figure it out, otherwise, one of you needs to move on - or out (depending on whose place it is).

Exactly. No one should tolerate bad treatment, especially indefinitely.

If she admits to some issue she wants to work on or get help for, that's great, he can support her on that if he wants and give it some time.

If she won't admit to there being any problem he needs to assume she's done and just walk.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,887,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm sorry to say but it sounds like there's someone else in the picture on her end..Shes doing what she can to push you away..Be careful and good luck
thats a huge assumption but you never know these days

Old 04-06-2011, 03:02 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,716,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, you're full of surprises today, Yankee! When I saw a post of yours, I fully expected to see the word "communicate"!
I know it...
I`m just upset. I shouldn`t be posting right now, until I cool down some-what!
Yes...what she said. "Communicate."

Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM

296 posts, read 544,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I feel for you and am sorry this is happening

A lot of times when this kind of thing happens it actually has nothing to do with the other person (you), it's all about the annoyed one.

Something is going on with her that she doesn't want to deal with

Some possibilities...

Her feelings for you have changed and she doesn't know how to be the one to break up, so she treats you like cr#p to get you to leave

or

she has some self-esteem issues and is trying to make you prove you love her by staying with her no matter how bad things get. If you leave she gets to say to herself, "I KNEW he didn't really love me".

or

she may have been raised in a dysfunctional family and has anger issues she needs a therapist to help her work thru. You've been together long enough that she may feel very safe with you by now. And strange as it is, women with old family issues will wait until they feel really safe with someone before they let their anger out.

Either way - it's all on her and you should not blame yourself or anything you aren't doing right for her bad behavior.
I have to agree with this. You can only do so much and if she's not willing to give you some insight so that you guys can work through these things, then you should consider calling it quits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships