Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM

130 posts, read 336,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
I thought you have some chart or something.

Attractive, of course, is subjective to each individual. It's amazing how a friend will find someone exciting and I will go "eh" (Doesn't mean they aren't pretty or unattractive, but they just don't do anything for me). I've always been smitten by the "cute" girls.
Attractiveness is definitely subjective to the individual. I remember I met this guy who I found pretty attractive but my friend defiantly disagreed. I wanted to be like, "Are you kidding? This guy is hot". She in turn has found guys attractive who I have been like "ugh...no". I am just hoping to find someone that I personally find physically attractive who finds me just as attractive back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 PM

130 posts, read 336,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I read a lot of CD posters talking a lot about online dating site disasters and difficulty of finding someone and all the horror stories etc. But, people I know in real life, all seem to have had GREAT success with just using Match.com.

My question is - CD'ers, why not just use Match.com and forget about all those other questionable dating sites?

I know 13 married couples who met on Match. I know several more people who are in serious relationships with people they also met on Match. It seems to me that this is really the only way to go for those who want to meet someone. Of all these people, they all say that the other sites are not good (except a couple said e-harmony is okay).

Just curious as to why no one here uses it.
Well I joined their sister site, Chemistry.com, which isn't working out as well as I had hoped. I ended up signing up because I had a 70% off deal but it simply is not worth the money. I pretty much take all dating sites with a grain a of salt. It either works or it doesn't work for the individual. In my case, it doesn't work

Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Folks.. this is NOT a chat thread. If you have nothing productive to offer then move along. We are here to discuss a topic not have a few members have a conversation that is not about the original topic

Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,458 times
Default Beware ... Match.com

I joined Match.com on a 6 month subscription & quickly found out that there were very few new "Matches" coming on line in my area.
I stopped login on about 3 months ago ... today I received notification they had take payment for another 6 months ...

I was aware of how their system worked, but I forgot to cancel before my subscription expired ...

If you join, or are already a member ... MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL BEFORE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION ENDS ! ... They will not send you notice of renewal!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:43 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernamederek View Post
I joined Match.com on a 6 month subscription & quickly found out that there were very few new "Matches" coming on line in my area.
I stopped login on about 3 months ago ... today I received notification they had take payment for another 6 months ...

I was aware of how their system worked, but I forgot to cancel before my subscription expired ...

If you join, or are already a member ... MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL BEFORE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION ENDS ! ... They will not send you notice of renewal!
Oh please. Most any subscription site works exactly the same way. You should have set up your own reminder, or removed the "automatically renew my subscription" flag in your account.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,458 times
Thank you ChessieMom! ... What a wonderful place this world would be if we were all as clever as you! ... I guess you're just another one of those "smart ass" people who gets it right, every time!

So my message to all of us who have busy lives and short memories is ... make sure you cancel before your subscription ends! ... Its just a simple reminder for those of us honest enough to admit we're not as well organized as ChessieMom.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:09 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Thank you ChessieMom! ... What a wonderful place this world would be if we were all as clever as you! ... I guess you're just another one of those "smart ass" people who gets it right, every time!

So my message to all of us who have busy lives and short memories is ... make sure you cancel before your subscription ends! ... Its just a simple reminder for those of us honest enough to admit we're not as well organized as ChessieMom.
Not well organized? Sounds to me like you were just careless.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:

Dude, if it's not too long after the renewal, you can call them and they'll refund your money. I did the same thing...got my money back, it was all good.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:21 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Thank you ChessieMom! ... What a wonderful place this world would be if we were all as clever as you! ...
You come on here making a big deal like Match is a bad bad site because YOU forgot to change a flag...llike no other site ever does that.....and that makes ME clever??? Really? Wow. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Yep! I would - if I suddenly became single again. I certainly would give it a try.
Man, I wish they had such things when I was dating twenty plus years ago.
Modern technology gives you a better chance of connecting with someone who is compatible.
I think that is especially true, if you live in a small town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships