Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:03 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,815 times

Advertisements

So as I previously posted me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2yrs broke up after finding out a lot of stuff that wasn't appropriate for someone in a relationship to be doing. But now is the dilemma.............

I had a heartbreak over 15yrs ago with my daughter's father and this one recently has done more to me then my daughter's father ever did but I still have strong feelings for him? and even hope that he will grow up and change (even though my heart tells me something different) he is sooooo addicting. I think I actually love him more then my previous ex and am afraid that sooner or later will fall right back into his trap now why is that the bad boys always turn girls on? and we can't get enough of them? is it all the games they play? mind games how I call them?

Why is it that he did me wrong 100 times worse and I feel I love him more then the other? I just don't get it..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Oy vey. It's not them...it's you.

"Bad boys" have nothing I want or need.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,738 times
Never had a bad boy.......... but I think that the worse the guy is, the better you feel about yourself. If he was a really good guy then you might look harder at yourself and possibly not like everything you see. I'm working with my kiddo on this one and it's all self esteem. In the end the bad ones make you feel like crap.....or actually the whole time they make you feel like crap. It's only cuz you're settling for less than you deserve. Learn to value yourself more and you will get someone that values you just as much. (ok, that's my Mom speech that I recently gave)

Old 10-26-2010, 07:35 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
So as I previously posted me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2yrs broke up after finding out a lot of stuff that wasn't appropriate for someone in a relationship to be doing. But now is the dilemma.............

I had a heartbreak over 15yrs ago with my daughter's father and this one recently has done more to me then my daughter's father ever did but I still have strong feelings for him? and even hope that he will grow up and change (even though my heart tells me something different) he is sooooo addicting. I think I actually love him more then my previous ex and am afraid that sooner or later will fall right back into his trap now why is that the bad boys always turn girls on? and we can't get enough of them? is it all the games they play? mind games how I call them?

Why is it that he did me wrong 100 times worse and I feel I love him more then the other? I just don't get it..........

Because maybe you feel unworthy of an intelligent and good male? And so you reject them before they reject you?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
Never had a bad boy.......... but I think that the worse the guy is, the better you feel about yourself. If he was a really good guy then you might look harder at yourself and possibly not like everything you see. I'm working with my kiddo on this one and it's all self esteem. In the end the bad ones make you feel like crap.....or actually the whole time they make you feel like crap. It's only cuz you're settling for less than you deserve. Learn to value yourself more and you will get someone that values you just as much. (ok, that's my Mom speech that I recently gave)
This ^^. Exactly this.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 AM

926 posts, read 2,748,509 times
Maybe we want what we cant have? Whether its $800 shoes, a Lexus SUV, or men aka bad boys- thats why it is addicting. Just the thought that maybe you can have it, or maybe you got a taste what this guy offers that no other guy offered and it got you hooked.

My job flies me all over the country and the rental cars I get are convertables and SUVs. It gave me a taste of what it was like to have this and I became addicted! I wanted those same cars when I got back home. I think of bad boys the same way. A little taste of the good in the bad makes you want it. Yeah the SUV was a gas guzzler but OMG it felt so good to be in it. Yeah the drop top wrecked my hair but I looked hot driving around town in it.

I am one to admit, I like the chase :-)

My advice is dont put up with less than you deserve. I deserve a car that gives me good gas mileage AND is safe and looks good with me in it lol. You deserve a man that will not break your heart or treat you any less than the fabulous person you are.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:20 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
Maybe we want what we cant have? Whether its $800 shoes, a Lexus SUV, or men aka bad boys- thats why it is addicting. Just the thought that maybe you can have it, or maybe you got a taste what this guy offers that no other guy offered and it got you hooked.

My job flies me all over the country and the rental cars I get are convertables and SUVs. It gave me a taste of what it was like to have this and I became addicted! I wanted those same cars when I got back home. I think of bad boys the same way. A little taste of the good in the bad makes you want it. Yeah the SUV was a gas guzzler but OMG it felt so good to be in it. Yeah the drop top wrecked my hair but I looked hot driving around town in it.

My advice is dont put up with less than you deserve. I deserve a car that gives me good gas mileage AND is safe and looks good with me in it lol. You deserve a man that will not break your heart or treat you any less than the fabulous person you are.

I don't find the bad boy representing that you want to do better/have better. (shoes cars etc) I think it's more similar to crack. You might feel good for the moment but you will be destroyed over time and watch life fade on a daily basis. Wanting nice things for yourself usually doesn't go hand in hand with the bad boy type. (sociopath? maybe)

so, ps for the guys that complain nice finishes last? Then quit trying to date the women that feel so bad about themselves that they reject you. It's a two way street. Everyone needs to quit pointing the finger.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
You are addicted to drama. You need drama to be entertained/happy. A "nice guy" would bore you and make you unhappy. Just don't make your child suffer as a result of this.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post

Are you sure that anyone "deserves" anything? It would be nice to have a decent car, it would be nice to have someone who doesn't break your heart, but does anyone actually deserve it? Deserve = entitled.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 AM

751 posts, read 1,674,327 times
Some like a challenge or else see/like drama and don't feel worthy of having a good man in their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships