Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:45 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,103,129 times

Advertisements

I recently was talking to my friend.
I knew she was inlove with her boyfriend, and was shocked to find out she decided to end it with him.
Here is the problem. He occassionaly gets derpressed and tells her the only thing that makes him happy is her.
She told him he shouldnt depend on her to be happy he should be happy already.
He cant handle conflicts.
He is always thinking negative.
If things dont go his way, and it could be the simplest things like fixing the antenna on the t.v. or trying to access wireless internet he gets mad and start cussing.
She said the negative attitude and the unability to handle simple conflicts is really a turn off.
She said the other day he started yelling at her like a 3 year old screaming at the top of his lungs.
She told him she dont need to be treated like that.
She said she ended it.
She said she dont have drama and bring negative attitudes in her house.
The biggest turn off to her is he has his grown daughter acting the same way.
She didnt want to reach behind her to reach for the seat belt and she started cussing. She cant get the wireless internet on she starts cussing.
She said even tho she loves him, Its not her job to make sure he is happy.
Happiness comes from within inside yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,255,574 times
If you aren't happy with yourself - neither will other people. It sort of boills down to a confidence level. And there is nothing moe attractive inho than someone with a quiet confidence in them.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,042,836 times
That would be unnerving.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,342,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
If things dont go his way, and it could be the simplest things like fixing the antenna on the t.v. or trying to access wireless internet he gets mad and start cussing.
Well, there's the problem.......do you know how frustrating it is to have wireless internet and watch TV with antenna reception!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,926,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
I recently was talking to my friend.
I knew she was inlove with her boyfriend, and was shocked to find out she decided to end it with him.
Here is the problem. He occassionaly gets derpressed and tells her the only thing that makes him happy is her.
She told him he shouldnt depend on her to be happy he should be happy already.
She said the negative attitude and the unability to handle simple conflicts is really a turn off.
She said the other day he started yelling at her like a 3 year old screaming at the top of his lungs.
She told him she dont need to be treated like that.
She said she ended it.
She said she dont have drama and bring negative attitudes in her house.
The biggest turn off to her is he has his grown daughter acting the same way.
She didnt want to reach behind her to reach for the seat belt and she started cussing. She cant get the wireless internet on she starts cussing.
She said even tho she loves him, Its not her job to make sure he is happy.
Happiness comes from within inside yourself.

Your friend is VERY wise

Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 AM

37,166 posts, read 42,353,577 times
I have experience with the whole "you are the only thing that makes me happy" kind of guy. While it was flattering when I was young to hear a guy say that I soon learned it was exhausting and totally not worth the effort. While I was spending all my time making him happy, nobody was making ME happy. Never again.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,103,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Your friend is VERY wise

She told him she was going to pick up her stuff and he turns around and tells her, he wished he would die tomorrow...she ignored him she said he isnt going to make her feel guilty...

Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,702,684 times
Your friend is wise to leave this relationship. This man is very needy and it will only get worse.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:58 AM

46 posts, read 76,056 times
I was with, and married someone like that. Its almost like raising someone elses kid, and trying to get them out of the temper tantrum stage. If your not happy with yourself, no one else can truly make you happy.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:08 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,400,655 times
Yah, this hits HOME. That was my dear ex wife: Depending on someone (me) to "make" her happy. No such thing. Yet, whatever I did for her 24/7/365....it was just never enough. I told her she was too dependent on me and she needed to exert some independence and confidence - of course she threw a fit. Several times. The biggest one was when she got served! (papers that is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships