Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 PM
aeh aeh started this thread

318 posts, read 1,621,782 times

Advertisements

We have walked in on teenagers SERIOUSLY making out, seen a home with an enclosed patio with the toilet installed where the barbecue grill used to be , seen wall paneling hanging at 45 degree angles to the wall suspended by glue strands....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Default Divorce Sales

Divorse sales when one of the parties clearly has no intention of moving.....

Unflushed toilets, poop in the bed, doll clothes for curtains, aged slop in a pot on the stove and filth, filth and more filth. My personal favorite was a house with all the crap. There was a single file aisle through the center of the home. It was impossible to enter any room because of all the crap.

All of these gems were on Broker Tour. I try to show only those homes I have seen and so I am rarely surprised when with a client.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:44 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
I saw an older home that had a toilet on the screened porch. It had a little partition about chest high b/n the rest of the porch for privacy. No door of course and the other side was exposed to the screen and it was right below the kitchen window so the privacy was limited.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:06 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
I was showing a house and we went to the basement. The house was a charming Victorian and had a brick foundation. Evidently the sewer line had just recently broken and smelly liquidy brown stuff was oozing in through the bricks.
For some odd reason my client chose not to make an offer on that one.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:47 PM

252 posts, read 390,681 times
People Still in the Closet...

Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
I went to see a house that had just come on the market - the wife owner was showing us around with her two daughters (around 3 and 5). The house was filthy and overflowing with crap and animals. Anyway we went into the living room and the 3 year old went ahead of us and crouched down and pooped right in the middle of the room! The owner went crazy yelling at her, asking how many times does she have to tell her not to do that. Then the owner picked up the poop in her bare hands and carried it with her until we reached a bathroom. We didn't buy the house.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
We went into a house that was beautiful. The owners happened to be there and knew we were seeing it the second time and talking to them about an offer. Hubby and I went to open a closet and the owner says "Oh, that is our special closet, that door stays locked"

Our realtor started arguing with the owner saying that we had a right to look wherever we wanted to and do unlock the door. I told her it was okay; we didn't need to see in th closet. I still wonder what was in there.......

Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 AM
aeh aeh started this thread

318 posts, read 1,621,782 times
These are hilarious!! Please continue....

Old 05-27-2008, 06:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We went into a house that was beautiful. The owners happened to be there and knew we were seeing it the second time and talking to them about an offer. Hubby and I went to open a closet and the owner says "Oh, that is our special closet, that door stays locked"

Our realtor started arguing with the owner saying that we had a right to look wherever we wanted to and do unlock the door. I told her it was okay; we didn't need to see in th closet. I still wonder what was in there.......
Could have been a "stash" closet?! Or a "mini farm"..Ha! Have heard many stories about this sort of thing. Makes a person curious!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,860 times
A teenage runaway girl hiding in the closet.

We were looking at one house, noticed the showers was wet. Started asking if there were plumbing problems (house was empty). My son looked in one closet and quietly asked my husband to look, neither one believed what they were seeing. The girl crouched in the corner, soaking wet, asking them not to tell.
As we were leaving, my husband took the agent aside and told him the situation.
The agent called the local church and had the pastor come and help the girl.

My husband and son were so shocked, they were giggling in disbelief on the way home. Of course, I asked "what was the matter". I did not believe them until I confirmed it with my agent.
My son (14) was demanding we put an offer because "it came with a girl".
(He was joking)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate