Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:42 AM

333 posts, read 1,991,349 times

Advertisements

Hey guys...we had a third showing! The guy came through last weekend and this time brought his girlfriend. They scheduled a second showing on Saturday. Then a couple hours later, called and asked if they could go through again<3rd time>. So of course we got all excited...

My agent talked with their agent..the gfriend absolutely loved our house. But the Pb wanted to see the HOA agreement...and said he might look at a couple more homes. So my agent asked if we had a copy of the HOA. We did and called the pb's agent..she was supposed to pick it up yesterday...but didn't..

So I am confused...If you go through a home 3x...that means you like it ..I would think.. Maybe he is just a nervous nelly..I don't know...

Aren't HOA's pretty standard for the most part? It made me wonder since the agent never came to pick it up when she said she would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 06:47 AM

412 posts, read 1,028,593 times
Jenne, I notice these days that the buyer isn't quick to make a decision, 3 showings would tell me they are mulling it over. Fingers crossed for you!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
Obv their interested but their prob looking at 2 or 3 other homes.

Start thinking along the lines about sweetning the pot so to speak. Control your destiny, don't let your realtor be on the outside looking in. You don't want these people to not make an offer and then you saying later, "we could've offered this, or done that...."

As Vito Corleone once said..."I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"....

good luck.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,509,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne03 View Post
Hey guys...we had a third showing! The guy came through last weekend and this time brought his girlfriend. They scheduled a second showing on Saturday. Then a couple hours later, called and asked if they could go through again<3rd time>. So of course we got all excited...

My agent talked with their agent..the gfriend absolutely loved our house. But the Pb wanted to see the HOA agreement...and said he might look at a couple more homes. So my agent asked if we had a copy of the HOA. We did and called the pb's agent..she was supposed to pick it up yesterday...but didn't..

So I am confused...If you go through a home 3x...that means you like it ..I would think.. Maybe he is just a nervous nelly..I don't know...

Aren't HOA's pretty standard for the most part? It made me wonder since the agent never came to pick it up when she said she would.
We looked at the 2 homes we were very, very interested in three times & put an offer in on one of them about 3 1/2 weeks later (this was due to moving from out of state & waiting on some employment info). With such an oversatuarted market, we were not overly worried about losing the home due to another offer.

With so much inventory, it is hard to say "yes, this is the one" b/c so many people tell you to take your time right now & look through the inventory & wait. And this is the truth, actually, in the majority of the country right now. There is no needed rush to buy b/c there is another home a few blocks away that is probably the same size & same price or maybe cheaper for sale. It's a wacky market!

The interested buyers may have a lot of "advice" being given to them from friends & family. It's really overwhelming! You don't know if you make an offer if a few weeks later you'll see something better & for less money.

So, just give them a little time. You don't want them to have buyers remorse & pull out of the deal a week prior to closing I hope it works out in your best interest!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 AM

940 posts, read 1,367,583 times
Jenne, my fingers are crossed and wishing you luck!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 11:00 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,860 times
The sense of urgency just isn't there like it used to be so don't panic. Can you or your Agent drop the HOA's off at the other Agent's office? I like the idea of adding a little something extra for a "limited time only". That may create the urgency you need.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Is the HOA available online? If so, they may have found it doing a google search and don't need it any more.

Good luck!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Why isn't your agent tripping over himself to get that HOA to the selling agent??? GEESH!

Jenne...GOOD LUCK!!!!! Sending postive vibes your way!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:01 PM

333 posts, read 1,991,349 times
Well what I am not clear on ..is if it is my agent who suggested the HOA...I am not 100% sure he requested it. I thought she said it might make his less nervous..but I can't be positive since I was just excited she called and they visited three times..So that is what made me think he was a nervous buyer. What I know is this PB doesnt have anything to sell ..already did it and is in an apartment. So I guess there is no urgency for him to move some place. I know that it was down to three homes..and the real estate agent said we were the only home that they visited three times..and the gfriend loved it..but she lives in another state..

I haven't heard from my agent yet.. as to what is going on with this hoa..

Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times
The people who bought my house visited three times before putting in a lowball offer. I got them UP by 10,000 pounds....their initial offer was 170,000 pounds, I got them up to 180k...5k below asking. They REALLY wanted it. I threw in all the furniture and appliances to seal the deal. It's not like I'd need them anyway since I was moving back to America and it'd cost more to ship the furniture than it was worth, and the appliances wouldn't work anyway.

My point is...see what you have to do to sweeten the pot. It sounds promising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate