Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 PM

986 posts, read 2,818,247 times

Advertisements

WOW 9 days!! My house has been on the market for 6 months. I live in NJ!! People want out!! 4-sales signs all over. I want to move to AZ to be near my family!! I really want someone to buy my house. We have come down in price twice. I keep praying. St Joseph is out front!! Good for you...9 days WOW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM

42 posts, read 137,343 times
You listenened to your Realtor and priced it right. Last week we had a listing in my office that sold in 5 days. Why you may ask. Divorce situation, priced to sell 239,900. After the weekend seller decided to increase the price to 249,900. They accepted an offer for 255k.House was shown for 4 days straight from 10 am to 8 pm. Our phones were crazy.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,544,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
Nine days on the market and I got a full price offer signed with good terms.

I listened to what the realtors here gave for advice, interviewed several agents, got good comps, and priced it right.

Sometimes stuff works out. Maybe I got lucky, but maybe things aren't as bad as the media says they are. We'll see.
If you got a full price offer, with good terms in todays economy, I'd be concerned that you were not asking enough..

Old 05-16-2008, 11:08 PM

739 posts, read 2,201,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If you got a full price offer, with good terms in todays economy, I'd be concerned that you were not asking enough..
I would be concerned about that too but I got more than I expected to based on the price levels for houses in my community.

Houses selling for $10k more are much bigger and better than mine. And houses similar to mine are clustered at $20k to $30k less. I did a little better because I have a nicer piece of land. I don't think I could have pushed it much further and been viable at all.

In hindsight, I could second guess and say maybe I could have gotten $5k more (at most)......OR maybe sat on the market forever.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:11 PM

10 posts, read 29,969 times
Congrats! Your realtor did a great job pricing your property correctly. Also, maybe a higher power was with you and your family...

Congrats.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:24 AM

16,185 posts, read 32,709,609 times
Congratulations! It was meant to be as everything lined up for you quickly. What are your plans now? Are you purchasing in the same area?

Old 05-17-2008, 05:45 AM

58 posts, read 201,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
WOW 9 days!! My house has been on the market for 6 months. I live in NJ!! People want out!! 4-sales signs all over. I want to move to AZ to be near my family!! I really want someone to buy my house. We have come down in price twice. I keep praying. St Joseph is out front!! Good for you...9 days WOW!!!
Sold house in 10 days, 5% below LP in NJ; lucked out with relocation buyers who want to close within the month.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:47 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,863,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That was my thought also. When people say "priced correctly" I often wonder. Any house can sell if it's priced very low and it's a true bargain. (Not inferring this was the case with the OP).

Mickey421, I'm also in NJ. Buyers in my area all seem to be lowballing. The houses selling super fast are in poor condition and real deals if you want a fixer.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:12 AM

188 posts, read 665,965 times
We got a 96% offer with no contingencies in 10 days on our house, which was very clean (since we moved across country and paid a bundle to have a pro clean it) but no staging and lots of flowered wallpaper and a dated kitchen. No granite or stainless and the appliances don't match.

Was it priced too low? Most likely. I think definitely since the sellers didn't even ask for one repair after inspection. There are comparables in our neighborhood priced a bit higher, but there are also two houses right next door that are bank owned and they want 80K less (!!!!) for similar bd/br. From the listing pics they don't look to be dumps.

The houses in our neighborhood that are priced 30-40K higher than our house have been on the market > 6 months, some close to a year. We wanted a quick sale so our realtor said she'd get us one. And she did.

At least I hope so, it hasn't closed yet! =) (knock knock). We made a good profit and the buyers are getting a nice house that needs some updating and we don't have to carry two mortgages.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:56 AM

986 posts, read 2,818,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey421 View Post
Sold house in 10 days, 5% below LP in NJ; lucked out with relocation buyers who want to close within the month.
WOW where in NJ?? We get alot of traffic, people love our house..no offers.
Good for you!! That is great news that you sold your house so fast. Maybe there is hope for me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate