Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick up to 10 items below.
Large Photo Viewer 53 76.81%
Days On Market 50 72.46%
Price Reduction History 47 68.12%
Newly Listed Homes 31 44.93%
No Registration Required to Search 55 79.71%
Walk Score 14 20.29%
Great Mapping with Birds Eye View or Street View 43 62.32%
Lightning Fast Page Loading 30 43.48%
CityData Local Information Link 11 15.94%
Pending, Contingent, Active, or Closed Status clearly noted 55 79.71%
AVM Automated Valuation Model http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_Valuation_Model 15 21.74%
Nearby or Neighborhood Sales 31 44.93%
Virtual Tour Link and Video Link 25 36.23%
Other 23 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:08 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I have never seen an public real estate search site that is as comprehensive as this one is, and there is even more info on each listing:

(example neighborhood chosen at random)

OahuRE Search
There is a lot missing of what I would like to be able to select or deselect, such as number of stories, how many rooms and square feet for each story (I prefer large single story homes on large lots, but must have at least 2,000 sq. feet on the main story [if multi-stories], with master suite, den and another bedroom or such on the main, for example).

I want to be able to select or better, be able to exclude certain very specific features, for example I absolutely hate certain staircase types such as spiral, "floating", bridge, etc. I don't want to even see these houses show up.

Listing agents should be required to fill out all parts of the listing form, not just what they want. Ban agents who don't fill out everything accurately and completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
There is a lot missing of what I would like to be able to select or deselect, such as number of stories, how many rooms and square feet for each story (I prefer large single story homes on large lots, but must have at least 2,000 sq. feet on the main story [if multi-stories], with master suite, den and another bedroom or such on the main, for example).

I want to be able to select or better, be able to exclude certain very specific features, for example I absolutely hate certain staircase types such as spiral, "floating", bridge, etc. I don't want to even see these houses show up.

Listing agents should be required to fill out all parts of the listing form, not just what they want. Ban agents who don't fill out everything accurately and completely.
I empathize, but it is 600 fields in our MLS.
And, since the MLS is truly only a function between members, I wouldn't support that rule.
Also, the sellers have input as to what is advertised or not advertised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate