Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:13 PM

51 posts, read 124,726 times

Advertisements

I put my house up for sale. After a day with my house being listed, I've decided that this is not the time to sell. I called the realtor and explained this to her. She said OK, no problem. Here are my questions...

1. How long does it take for the listing to go down? My house is still showing as listed. I asked for it to be taken down we we talked at noon today. I'm worried that she isn't on the level and isn't taking the house down.

2. When I do decide to relist, does this look bad that the house has been for sale?

The house is in Ohio, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,690,302 times
Well, on one hand she said ok. How experienced is she.

I ask because someone may have pointed out to her her contract with you.

The listing can be taken off the market per the contract instructions. However, who wants a seller who doesn't want to sell. Are any repurcussions noted on your listing contract?

It wouldn't look bad if it was for sale for a day, if anyone even noticed. Get that sign down if there is one. It just turned cold and you realized holidays are coming up and it was getting later than you thought and you decided to wait for spring.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:35 PM

The sign is already down. She is very experienced. I didn't sign a contract yet. She listed it after a phone conversation we had yesterday morning.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:37 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,801,271 times
MLS listing can be taken down in a day. I wouldn't sweat it. She is not gonna field calls. Or work the listing if you don't wanna sell. Are you canceling because you got cold feet or decided you like the place. Some sellers just get cold feet. Its a big decision

Old 10-25-2013, 05:40 PM

Yeah, I got nervous and panicked. :-( I think I'll have more time to put into selling after the holidays. It's a tough decision. I'm also really nervous about selling and buying at the same time.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:45 PM

15,621 posts, read 40,647,684 times
Some brokerages don't allow their agents to make changes in the MLS. They have a dedicated person to do MLS entry to keep the data good. It might be that she has to submit a form to get it terminated to that person.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,389,753 times
And some MLS feeds don't upload very fast to websites like R.com

Old 10-25-2013, 06:11 PM

8,582 posts, read 12,535,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetToothTessa View Post
The sign is already down. She is very experienced. I didn't sign a contract yet. She listed it after a phone conversation we had yesterday morning.
If you didn't sign a listing agreement it wasn't really listed. She may have gone ahead and put it on the MLS...but without a listing agreement that action was actually premature. There's no reason to be all nervous about selling. I'm sure you'll be able to handle it when the time comes.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:40 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,801,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetToothTessa View Post
Yeah, I got nervous and panicked. :-( I think I'll have more time to put into selling after the holidays. It's a tough decision. I'm also really nervous about selling and buying at the same time.

That's ok. Its a scary thing. Big decisions. I still get a little butterfly when buying or selling. I'm sure you will be fine. If you liked the realtor you used, use her again when you're ready. Good luck.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 PM

7,279 posts, read 11,009,423 times
Even if the MLS doesn't show it anymore, there are so many other sites that seed from the MLS your house could show up in lots of places for quite a while. None of that really matters though, you decided not to sell, it yours to do with what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate