Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:15 PM

118 posts, read 490,206 times

Advertisements

I have an offer in on a house, but it turned into a multiple bid situation so I was looking at a back up house JIC.

Well, it is REO... a little bit of a fixer upper.. everything looked good online, nothing stating anything wrong. It has a pool so I was thinking of the typical REO scenarios: leaky roof, swampy pool..etc.

Well we get to the house... STINK HOLE ACTIVITY!!!!!!! The house is NOT on a slope and you can see cracks in the walls, and a huge slope on the foundation floor.

I told the realtor.. gosh you should have told me so I didn't waste your time with the ride here... he said he didn't know, nothing on the file.. he called the LO on the house when he was a couple blocks away and she said oh there's some structural issues... he asked what kind.. she said, oh you'll see them, it's obvious.

My question is... how is this legal???? Our realtor said this should be condemned by the city. Aren't they suppose to also notify surrounding neighbors also? Their houses could very much be swallowed up too.

We are in Florida.

Oh, I also asked what happened to the previous owners.. did they know? Realtor said yeah, they told the bank to keep the house and took the hit on their credit. Im with them on that one. What's money and credit when you don't have safety?

Gosh, I am truly flabbergasted that this property let alone the house is being sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,732,636 times
The house and property is worth "something". What that figure is, is up to the bidders. I dont see anything illegal. People can buy whatever they want. I'm sure the bank hasn't hired a sinkhole expert to say that is indeed the issue. So as far as they know, its not.

PS. Nice job bidding on an internet house without looking at it. LOL.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:33 PM

581 posts, read 678,227 times
The bank owns the home... They're trying to sell it.

They are not trying to conceal defects.

An investor with cash will come along, repair it, and resell it, hopefully at a profit.

What's wrong with that?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
The bank owns the home... They're trying to sell it.

They are not trying to conceal defects.

An investor with cash will come along, repair it, and resell it, hopefully at a profit.

What's wrong with that?

Tell me.. how do you fix a sink hole? ...Seriously. tell me. lol

Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 PM

9,910 posts, read 14,300,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness8t5 View Post
Tell me.. how do you fix a sink hole? ...Seriously. tell me. lol
How do you know the structural issues are due to a sink hole?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
PS. Nice job bidding on an internet house without looking at it. LOL.
Never said I bid on this house on the internet... re read. I said I HAD a bid for a different house that went into a multiple bid situation...

And went to go LOOK at another house to have an a back up... went to see it today because it looked decent online. Where did I say I bid on sink hole house?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
How do you know the structural issues are due to a sink hole?

What other issues would cause a major slope in the floor and cracks on the walls? We're in Florida.

Im talking a MAJOR slope.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,940,391 times
A sink hole would be something serious. It's not something to joke about. They would not be allowed to let people enter the property if it was a sinkhole.

There are many properties that people didn't take care of that have huge foundation issues. It goes along with people who buy houses that they can't afford to upkeep the maintenance on. They're used to apartments and landlords doing things for them, that they can't do things for themselves.

If it's a foreclosure, there's nothing to disclose about how bad the situation is as they don't know and don't care to know. As long as they aren't hiding anything about the condition, there is nothing illegal about what they're doing. They're just trying to sell a house.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,895,620 times
Default Heh heh...

Maybe the lender wants to sell BEFORE THE BOTTOM FALLS OUT...

Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 PM

251 posts, read 525,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness8t5 View Post
I have an offer in on a house, but it turned into a multiple bid situation so I was looking at a back up house JIC.

Well, it is REO... a little bit of a fixer upper.. everything looked good online, nothing stating anything wrong. It has a pool so I was thinking of the typical REO scenarios: leaky roof, swampy pool..etc.

Well we get to the house... STINK HOLE ACTIVITY!!!!!!! The house is NOT on a slope and you can see cracks in the walls, and a huge slope on the foundation floor.

I told the realtor.. gosh you should have told me so I didn't waste your time with the ride here...
Gosh, I am truly flabbergasted that this property let alone the house is being sold.

I once had a bad reaction to some weird Cuban food before I looked at a house, but looks like you were really hit. I would drink a lot of water, and then sit on it for a while. Hopefully the stink hole will get itself under control and you'll feel better about the hole situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate