Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 AM

6,470 posts, read 10,335,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander2 View Post
When I hear all this talk of lawyers, I'm just wondering whether it's cheaper (considering the cost of attorneys and aggravation) just to spend the money on fixing the problem. In a lot of disputes, the lawyers are the only ones who benefit.
Like 'em or hate 'em, lawyers are sometimes necessary in specialized circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 05:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,591 times
It's crazy I was suppose to close on a house 6/3/14 but there was a delay due to a permit the seller had to get...I was so disappointed so closing was rescheduled for 6/16/14. I did a finally walk threw and the basement had water and mole in it. I did this walk through solo my realtor gave me permission. The seller and her realtor try to say I did it by Turing on the water heater.... Really? So a few days later a plumber came in...their plumber to be exact and he said the water didn't come from the water heater.... And he can't pin point where it's coming from and that this basement has had an history with water problems. And yes I did get an inspection done .....biggest mistake using my realtors inspector.....smh...lesson learned..... So now that I want to back out I may lose 5,500 dollars Ernest money and title search......The house is in Bridgeport CT..... Let me back track it had rained for a week straight before I inspected the house on6/15/14.....people are just snakes

Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,429,575 times
I'm sitting on the sellers side of a similar issue and current have had it up to here with wishes for the gold plated solution. When water and grading issues were found we readily agreed it needs to be taken care of at our expense. If we had realized it before the house was listed we would have dealt with it then. Now the buyer brings in his guy, supposivedly picked out of the yellow pages because he could show up quicky, who offers the ultimate solution in a hand written estimate given at the moment. We call in the water/drainage company who already did remediation work on our house in another place who six hours later emails us a detailed, with pictures, estimate of an alternate way to remedy the problem at a significantly less amount. The buyer was here when our company looked at our house and heard his solution. We later found out that the buyer and agent ambushed our agent out front with the buyer, male, in tears about how all we wanted was a cheap solution. No, we want a solution that will work and take care of the problem. Maybe it's a generational difference (we are retirees downsizing, they are young new parents first time home buyers) but we don't see the need to go for gold when a viable solution is available. Thanks to our realtor, it is being worked out, but the whole process is leaving such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't want to give one extra thing to them that's not in the contract.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:07 AM

768 posts, read 858,461 times
You should also speak with your neighbors. They are little fountains of information as you build your case. Realtors are held to a higher standard when selling their own property. I am sure your attorney will help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate