Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Old way of home buying: capital markets, property searching, first time home buyer

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:02 AM

1,151 posts, read 3,002,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
The best agents shine from contract to close. That's where the real customer service comes in.
I think this is written on the cover of the SC real estate handbook. And man, does it sound good. And packed full of meaning too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,040,088 times
Wanted to check back in and update everyone.

Turns out my agent just hates showing properties, especially since he knows (As well as I know) that 99% of the bank owned properties were not taken care of and are in disarray. It depresses him. I can't help but relate to that.

So I adjusted my strategy to stop looking at short sales (since the bank was always non-responsive) even though they were the best kept properties...and focus my search on bank owned in the San Diego County.

Noticing that Oceanside seems to be imploding finally, I decided to look there and found one that I put an offer in. The proposal was countered, we countered back and the bank accepted our counter in writing. Just sent that back today and waiting on the bank to sign off. They're a local outfit so the list agent and my agent are hoping the bank will sign today rather than wait for the holiday.

Once we got an initial response from the bank, my agent kicked it into high gear. He's called me regularly to give me status updates and advise me accordingly, worked to get paperwork back and forth between me and the bank, even came up to my work to walk through the paperwork so I didn't have to drive down to the office (I think he was happy to get out of there anyway...my office is air conditioned, his isn't).

I guess the "contract to close" logic is true, but agents don't want to do the stuff that comes before that phase - the actual home showing process. Most agents, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals