Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 11:20 AM

177 posts, read 123,404 times

Advertisements

I am a seller selling a recently zoned (undeveloped) commercial property on Route 66 on outskirts of a small town, so not an easy sale even in this market. I have a realtor, but she is only advertising on Costar and a few low-key websites.

I read the thread on website ads instead of hard copy ads for residential property, but is it different for commercial property? I would like to "help" the realtor who does not seem to be aggressively marketing the property.

Any ideas on where it is good to advertise undeveloped commercial props?

Also, what might the realtor do besides website or other advertisements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 11:46 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,976,886 times
Commercial buyers/renters generally use CoStar. You can also have it listed on MLS to feed to other sites like Zillow. If you have sign there for the locals then you should pretty much have it covered.

Old 06-18-2021, 02:47 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,896,476 times
Just for giggles put it in Craigslist, but run the ad in a big city where investors might stumble across it. I see ads in Phoenix Craigslist all the time for properties all over the state. Depending on where on Rte 66 the property is, there's also Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Denver, Dallas/Ft Worth. You never know who's lurking or where. And it costs you nothing.

Old 06-19-2021, 09:15 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Loopnet is the big one but I don't know if FSBOs can do a listing, Maybe someone else can chime in. https://www.loopnet.com/

Old 06-19-2021, 09:17 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Loopnet is the big one but I don't know if FSBOs can do a listing, Maybe someone else can chime in. https://www.loopnet.com/
CoStar owns LoopNet, FWIW. Are they not fully integrated as of yet?

Old 06-19-2021, 10:08 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
CoStar owns LoopNet, FWIW. Are they not fully integrated as of yet?
Loopnet.com is still branded Loopnet. Don't know if CoStar is folded in or not.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:55 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,400,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Just for giggles put it in Craigslist, but run the ad in a big city where investors might stumble across it. I see ads in Phoenix Craigslist all the time for properties all over the state. Depending on where on Rte 66 the property is, there's also Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Denver, Dallas/Ft Worth. You never know who's lurking or where. And it costs you nothing.
I would say do it just for kicks. After all, it is on Route 66.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:50 AM

The realtor mentioned she didn't understand the Loopnet/Costar integration.

Do commercial realtors do networking and cold-calling, or is that a waste of time? I think all we're seeing is website advertising on my property.

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:15 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,976,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonnieD View Post
The realtor mentioned she didn't understand the Loopnet/Costar integration.

Do commercial realtors do networking and cold-calling, or is that a waste of time? I think all we're seeing is website advertising on my property.

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions.
Not much, but sort of depends on the property and who/where the probable comes from. The "networking" is the website. If an agent has a buyer they look on the website to see what's available. No reason to call all the agents around town asking if they have a piece of land. Likewise, no reason for an agent to call the other agents asking if they have a buyer. The webiste is how offer/find properties.

Not much reason for commercial or residential to "network" about properties when info online is so readily available these days. Networking is a very old school mentallity that's mostly obsolete now.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Not much, but sort of depends on the property and who/where the probable comes from. The "networking" is the website. If an agent has a buyer they look on the website to see what's available. No reason to call all the agents around town asking if they have a piece of land. Likewise, no reason for an agent to call the other agents asking if they have a buyer. The webiste is how offer/find properties.

Not much reason for commercial or residential to "network" about properties when info online is so readily available these days. Networking is a very old school mentallity that's mostly obsolete now.
Thank you for pulling me into this century! What I thought salespeople do is not really what they do. Okay. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals