Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:09 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,414,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Thank you all for your professional comments. I was so shocked! She is in Michigan and I am in CA. She is on vacation but will be back in 4-5 days. I don't want to fire her (yet) but need to calm down and look at all my options. Did insist on the lock box being changed out and that is happening. Again, I can't thank you all enough!

She did text that in 16 years of the business she never had such disrespectful buyers which makes me think this was not her first rodeo. Crazy because she does have a good reputation around town. She did say she was "so sorry" but I kept thinking if one of those kids had broken an arm or leg and I would have been sued. Sorry is not enough.
I'm glad to hear that she will be leaving Michigan soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
She needs to pay for the damage, your time to try and repair the floors, and then you need to get a new agent. I don't think a listing agreement needs to spell out that buyers will be accompanied for you to have a legal course of action. I think that is a basic expectation for service.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:48 AM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
In our MLS the listing’s Showing instructions are spelled out in the listing input sheet which is also signed by the client. So it may not be in the listing agreement itself but in other agreements and documents that you may have.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:58 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I agree with Adrea up there ^

I would fire her, and get her lockbox off my house. Anyone else she gave the code to, still could get in.

When you get a new agent, I would want a Supra box on it, if your MLS's use them.

Not only does it require the agent-only app, it logs and sends a notification every single time the box is opened, so it's trackable.

They also stop working after 9:00 PM by default... They can be configured with specific hours they will work. Less important for this circumstance perhaps, because it's vacant, but good peace of mind when people are still living in the house.
Agree, but you need to see if Supra boxes are an option in your area. If so they should have that. Also, wouldn't fire her until she reimburses you for damages.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:46 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Agree, thank you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals