Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 AM

563 posts, read 3,742,256 times

Advertisements

just as a quick update to all you nice people . . .
We met to iron out the HVAC issues with both agents present and . . . the seller's agent refused to let her client discuss or sign anything. We asked her what the problem was and she asked us to leave!!! This deal is going down the drain because of the agent! We've spent nearly a $1000 on getting a good inspection, HVAC diagnosis and foundation inspection and now it looks like that was all a big waste. I'm not so worried about losing the 1500 in earnest money since I don't think she has a leg to stand on but this whole thing has been so unnecessarily unpleasant especially considering we honestly do want to buy the house and the sellers seem to want to sell it to us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 07:35 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,488 times
Your Agent's Broker should speak with the Listing Agent's Broker.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodcathy View Post
Your Agent's Broker should speak with the Listing Agent's Broker.

I was just going to post this, the sellers agent sounds like a jerk, thats my honest opinion.

Call your agent asap and tell her you want this to happen TODAY

Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,758 times
Sometimes agents are their own worst enemies. Unless she owns the property, her responsibilites are to advise her customers with regards to her knowledge and experience and then they tell HER how to proceed, not the other way around. I'm sorry you're having all this difficulty. And I'm surprised the sellers are allowing this to happen.
I agree totally that a call should be made by your agents broker to the listing agent's broker. They are there to make money and make transactions happen, not let personalities get in the way and they are responsible for the actions of their agents and the sellers. I wonder if this agent has someone else on the hook to take the house or something. Either way, the brokers need to get involved.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:37 PM

13 posts, read 59,414 times
Check out Southwest Warranty Corp., they cover known Preexisting Conditions on HVAC. This has helped me in a couple of situations where the AC could have lost the deals.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:42 AM

563 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys0808 View Post
Check out Southwest Warranty Corp., they cover known Preexisting Conditions on HVAC. This has helped me in a couple of situations where the AC could have lost the deals.
Thanks Sandy. We will be getting a home warranty as part of the deal and will look into Southwest Warranty. We are also getting money toward the HVAC in an escrow account (?) to be put towards the replacements so we probably can't do both things.

I'm really torn about this agent. The deal obviously is going through since we chose to deal directly with the sellers and straighten things out. At this point part of me says 'don't make trouble" and another part says "make trouble so that she is made accountable for her actions'. I don't know if I will do anything in the end.

Honestly speaking she did not sell the house to us. We are buying the house in spite of her. I hate the fact that she will be making money off the deal considering how difficult she made everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals